2011-2012 Official Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us who are open to matching in any region, when/where/how do we get this across in a PC manner to programs who haven't offered us interviews by early/mid november?

I think the best thing you can do is contact the program coordinator. This person will be listed on eras (I think), and freida for sure. Call or send an email, and let them know you are very interested in the program, have no geographical preferences (or perhaps you could tell them why you'd like to match in their fine city, if you have a reason), and ask if they are still reviewing applications, as you have not heard a yes or a no. And if so (sometimes they're done looking at applications and won't say anything), politely request a quick review to see if they would be interested.

Something like that. It won't work everywhere, but you'll pick up a few bites.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best thing you can do is contact the program coordinator. This person will be listed on eras (I think), and freida for sure. Call or send an email, and let them know you are very interested in the program, have no geographical preferences (or perhaps you could tell them why you'd like to match in their fine city, if you have a reason), and ask if they are still reviewing applications, as you have not heard a yes or a no. And if so (sometimes they're done looking at applications and won't say anything), politely request a quick review to see if they would be interested.

When to call? Now? or wait until early Nov?

glad to have your words of wisdom back, they were missed! thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
When to call? Now? or wait until early Nov?

Wait.

No one is going to make a move at this point until the Dean's Letters come out (or whatever they are called these days). Everywhere interviews until the end of January. There is still plenty of time.

If you haven't heard anything by the 7th or so send, send them a polite message or call.

glad to have your words of wisdom back, they were missed! thanks!

Just doing my best for you guys.

No one told me this stuff, and I wish someone would have. I don't know it would have mattered in the big picture, but I think I would have felt better.

This will be my 5th cycle going through this process on SDN, which I don't claim qualifies me for "expert" status, but I'm simply trying to pass along what I learned and have seen others learn along the way.

Let's hope I can behave myself enough around here to make it five more interview seasons . . . though I do hope that others begin to fill my role going into the future in some ways as the farther you get from the process the less you may know about any of the new nuances.

Wait.

No one is going to make a move at this point until the Dean's Letters come out (or whatever they are called these days). Everywhere interviews until the end of January. There is still plenty of time.

If you haven't heard anything by the 7th or so send, send them a polite message or call.

Thank you!! appreciated:thumbup:

Hi everyone! Sorry to clutter your threadlist, but if anyone is interviewing at UAB on 12/2 and needs a hotel room, I accidentally booked the wrong dates and am looking to unload my room at the Birmingham Sheraton. PM me if you're interested and we can figure out logistics.

I'm a gen surg applicant and my interview date is 11/3... but I accidentally booked a hotel room for 12/2 - 12/3. I saw that one of the interview dates offered for IM is 12/2, so if anyone is planning on interviewing on that day, let me know! The Sheraton usually goes for $149/night (+ tax), but I got it for $60 ($77.84 including tax). I can add a day before or after (if you'd like to extend the stay so you check in the day before the interview) but it's non-refundable, so I can't cancel my reservation.

The room is for single or double occupancy. The hotel is very nice... even has an indoor heated pool... and is < 1 mile from the hospital. They also have an airport pick-up/drop-off shuttle service, so that'll save you $50 worth of cab fare if you're flying. I booked myself another room on the right dates, so now I'm trying to unload this reservation... this is an expensive year!

Thanks!

Hey everybody... just a quick question... Has anybody heard from programs located in TN, specifically ETSU and UT Knoxville? How about University of Kentucky, Lexington? I havent heard **** from these programs...Im worried....:confused:

Alabama
university of alabama-birmingham: Marichar, butterfinger, dvn, eastcoaster1979, UofM527

Arkansas
Univ of ark: fpearls, LJo

Arizona
university of arizona-tucson hospitals: drrockstar140, horhay1241, im4ever, elissa57
Mayo of Arizona: im4ever, elissa 57, drrockstar140, LJo, horhay1241
St Joseph's in Phoenix: elissa 57, LJo
Maricopa: elissa 57

California
scripps green: Dvn, dimple knuckle, go lakers, phyozo, davidtennant
ucsf fresno: Sargerius
ucsf: Phyozo, rosetyler
university of southern california: Phyozo, marichar, EastcoastKid, im4ever, go lakers, elissa57, nateshizzle, horhay1241
santa clara valley medical center: Im4eveer
stanford: runningman
uc irvine medical center: Go lakers, texasguy, phyozo
uc san diego: Phyozo, butterfinger, bergwood, rosetyler, marichar, go lakers, nateshizzle
UCLA Olive View: arielred, phyozo, go lakers, im4ever
kaiser permanente, oakland: davidtennant
kaiser permanente, san francisco: Eastcoastkid, texasguy, horhay1241, arielred, fpearls, davidtennant
Kaiser permanente, Santa Clara: EastcoastKid, fpearls, davidtennant
Kern Medical Center: arielred
huntington: go lakers
alameda county: arielred
kaiser Los Angeles : arielred
Loma Linda: DVN, go lakers

Colorado
exempla saint joseph: Drrockstar140, ubergomez
University of Colorado: RunningMan, rose tyler

Connecticut
university of connecticut: Memento2007, AA62
st. Mary's hospital: Melody0915, ubergomez, arielred
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979
yale primary care: hannibalct, im4ever
Griffin/Yale IM/PM: fpearls

D.C.
georgetown: Curious lately, im4ever, aale818, armstud, nateshizzle
george washington university: aale818, Elixir86
washington hospital center: im4ever

Florida
orlando health (orlando, fl): Melody0915, arielred
umiami: Elgrecomcv, im4ever, AA62, horhay1241, fpearls

Georgia
emory: aale818, DVN, elgrecomcv, fpearls, Elixir86, eastcoastkid, jad2121, choirboy, marichar, eastcoaster1979, butterfinger, nateshizzle
mercer (macon, ga): Melody0915, ubergomez
medical college of georgia: Melody0915
morehouse med center: astrocytosis

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois
uic: Optimuskane, dvn, im4ever, cefspazidime, astrocytosis, arielred, DocKSV, UofM527, Elixir86, nateshizzle
loyola: Optimuskane, luxian, choirboy, cefspazidime, myuserid, astrocytosis, UofM527
lutheran general: Luxian
cook county: astrocytosis, fpearls
Rush: DVN, choirboy, aale818, jooj, kryptik, im4ever, horhay1241
University of Chicago: aale818, choirboy, curious lately, rosetyler, hannibalct, Elixir86
Northwestern: armstud, IMforME2, curious lately, hannibalct, Elixir86
UChicago-Northshore: DVN

Indiana
indiana university: Lovegi, horhay1241, elissa57, nateshizzle
St Vincent, Indianapolis: LJo

Iowa
university of iowa: Emt30119, butterfinger, dvn, drrockstar140, jooj, LJo, nateshizzle
U of Iowa-Des Moines Methodist: LJo

Louisiana
tulane: choirboy
LSU (new orleans) - sima2113

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland
JHU/Sinai: JAD2121
University of Maryland: Jad2121, curious lately, im4ever, elgrecomcv, butterfinger, Elixir86, nateshizzle
union memorial: Articuate

Massachusetts
lahey clinic: Memento2007
university of massachusetts: Memento2007
tufts: curious lately, Elixir86
Steward st Elizabeth medical center: arielred

Michigan
beaumont: Lovegi
university of michigan: Bergwood, hannibalct, aale818, arm stud, rosetyler, curious lately, phyozo, Elixir86, nateshizzle, eastcoaster1979
wayne state university: sima2113,love gi
st. Joseph: Articuate

Minnesota
mayo rochester: Eastcoastkid, butterfinger, berwood, choirboy, aale818, im4ever, phyozo, LoveGI, Elixir86, UofM527
Hennepin: EastcoastKid
U of Minnesota: , drrockstar140, myuserid, LoveGI, Emt30119, DVN, LJo
Abbott-Northwestern: LJo

Missouri
st. Louis university: Memento2007, emt30119, jooj
umkc: Articuate
washington university: Marichar, bergwood, bhmd3, imforme2, choirboy, aale818, im4ever, butterfinger, texasguy, Elixir86, nateshizzle

Nebraska
university of nebraska: Emt30119, LJo
Creighton University: LJo

Nevada
UNLV: nateshizzle, drrockstar140
U of Nevada (Reno): drrockstar140

New Hampshire
dartmouth: Dvn, im4ever, memento2007, dimple knuckle, armstud, horhay1241, rosetyler, fpearls,LJo

New Jersey
umdnj-robert wood johnson: Chimpanzeeminky, jad2121, astrocytosis
umdnj-newark: Jad2121, docksv, chimpanzeeminky, armstud, sima2113, myuserid, astrocytosis
umdnj-camden: fpearls
seton hall: Articuate, AA62
overlook: Articuate

New Mexico
university of new mexico: Drrockstar140

New York
Albany medical college: AA62
albert einstein-montefiore: Jad2121, chimpanzeeminky, elgrecomcv, im4ever, dvn, needsleep85
Columbia/NYP: BHMD3, bergwood, marichar
Flushing: arielred
Hofstra NS/LIJ: thatscool
new york hospital of queens: Horhay1241, astrocytosis
NY Medical College (Sound Shore): arielred
NY Methodist: arielred
rochester general: AA62, LoveGI
SUNY Downstate: thatscool, sima2113, nateshizzle
university at buffalo: Lovegi
winthrop university: Sima2113

North Carolina
duke: Bergwood, curious lately, hannibalct, bhmd3, wonkanerds, butterfinger, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, rosetyler, IMforME2
wake forest: UofM527, eastcoaster1979, ElGrecoMCV, im4ever, marichar

Ohio
university of cincinnati: Dvn, emt30119, sima2113
ohio state: Butterfinger, dvn, eastcoaster1979, drrockstar140, LoveGI, UofM527
case western: Butterfinger, LoveGI, bhmd3, dvn, curious lately, Emt30119, fpearls, UofM527
Cleveland Clinic: DVN, choirboy, Emt30119, sima2113, LoveGI, UofM527, IMforME2

Oregon
legacy emanuel and good samaritan hospitals: drrockstar140, davidtennant
oregon health & science: Eastcoastkid, marichar, rosetyler, davidtennant
providence: drrockstar140

Pennsylvania
allegheny general hospital: Lovegi, AA62
hospital of the university of pennsylvania: IMforME2, AA62
Pennsylvania Hospital: AA62, arielred
university of pittsburgh (isp): Myuserid
university of pittsburgh categorical (upmc): Hannibalct, eastcoaster1979, aale818, lovegi, im4ever, IMforME2, curious lately, familyguy909, LJo, nateshizzle, UofM527
albert einstein medical center: Arielred, im4ever, LJo
york hospital: Docksv
Penn State: astrocytosis
Thomas Jefferson: ChimpanzeeMinky, armstud, curious lately, elgrecomcv, eastcoastkid, jad2121, IMforME2, im4ever
Temple: jad2121, curious lately, im4ever, fpearls, horhay1241
Drexel: DocKSV

South Carolina
musc: Aale818, elgrecomcv, eastcoaster1979, dvn, horhay1241, elissa57

Tennessee
vanderbilt: Aale818, marichar, eastcoaster1979, bergwood, choirboy, curious lately

Texas
baylor (dallas-bumc): Aale818, butterfinger, im4ever, nateshizzle
uthscsa: Aale818, drrockstar140, astrocytosis, nateshizzle
ut houston: Aale818, astrocytosis, im4ever, nateshizzle
utmb: Aale818, melody0915, astrocytosis
ut southwestern (Dallas): Aale818, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, texasguy, nateshizzle
ut southwestern (Austin): arielred, nateshizzle

Utah
u of utah: Horhay1241, Dimple Knuckle, DVN, drrockstar140, memento2007, elissa57

Virginia
university of virginia: Dvn, im4ever, butterfinger, eastcoaster1979, armstud, aale818, UofM527
vcu: Im4ever, jad2121, chimpanzeeminky, elgrecomcv, eastcoaster1979, eastcoastkid, memento2007, sima2113

Washington
Virginia Mason: drrockstar140, rosetyler, davidtennant

West Virginia
West Virginia University (Morgantown): myuserid

Wisconsin
mcow: Dvn, sima2113, horhay1241
uwisconsin: Dvn, butterfinger, memento2007, dimple knuckle, drrockstar140, horhay1241, Emt30119, fpearls

Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!
Step 1: Click on the blue "QUOTE" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface + underline fonts).
Step 2: Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning (QUOTE=username;numbers) and very end (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets.
Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title/subject line so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added

Hey everybody... just a quick question... Has anybody heard from programs located in TN, specifically ETSU and UT Knoxville? How about University of Kentucky, Lexington? I havent heard **** from these programs...Im worried....:confused:

Look, dude, this thread exists so you don't need to ask that question. A quick glance at the list will show that the only TN program that has sent out anything is Vandy. and nothing has come out of KY.

So, PLEASE, read before you ask a question... Ctrl-F is your friend

UVa + 1

Alabama

university of alabama-birmingham: Marichar, butterfinger, dvn, eastcoaster1979, UofM527

Arkansas

Arizona
university of arizona-tucson hospitals: drrockstar140, horhay1241, im4ever, elissa57

California
university of southern california: Phyozo, marichar, EastcoastKid, im4ever, go lakers, elissa57, nateshizzle, horhay1241
uc san diego: Phyozo, butterfinger, bergwood, rosetyler, marichar, go lakers, nateshizzle
kaiser permanente, san francisco: Eastcoastkid, texasguy, horhay1241, arielred, fpearls, davidtennant
Loma Linda: DVN, go lakers

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979

D.C.

Florida

Georgia
emory: aale818, DVN, elgrecomcv, fpearls, Elixir86, eastcoastkid, jad2121, choirboy, marichar, eastcoaster1979, butterfinger, nateshizzle

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois
uic: Optimuskane, dvn, im4ever, cefspazidime, astrocytosis, arielred, DocKSV, UofM527, Elixir86, nateshizzle
loyola: Optimuskane, luxian, choirboy, cefspazidime, myuserid, astrocytosis, UofM527
University of Chicago: aale818, choirboy, curious lately, rosetyler, hannibalct, Elixir86

Indiana

Iowa
university of iowa: Emt30119, butterfinger, dvn, drrockstar140, jooj, LJo, nateshizzle

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland
University of Maryland: Jad2121, curious lately, im4ever, elgrecomcv, butterfinger, Elixir86, nateshizzle

Massachusetts

Michigan
university of michigan: Bergwood, hannibalct, aale818, arm stud, rosetyler, curious lately, phyozo, Elixir86, nateshizzle, eastcoaster1979

Minnesota
mayo rochester: Eastcoastkid, butterfinger, berwood, choirboy, aale818, im4ever, phyozo, LoveGI, Elixir86, UofM527

Missouri
washington university: Marichar, bergwood, bhmd3, imforme2, choirboy, aale818, im4ever, butterfinger, texasguy, Elixir86, nateshizzle

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire
dartmouth: Dvn, im4ever, memento2007, dimple knuckle, armstud, horhay1241, rosetyler, fpearls,LJo

New Jersey
umdnj-newark: Jad2121, docksv, chimpanzeeminky, armstud, sima2113, myuserid, astrocytosis

New Mexico

New York
albert einstein-montefiore: Jad2121, chimpanzeeminky, elgrecomcv, im4ever, dvn, needsleep85

North Carolina
duke: Bergwood, curious lately, hannibalct, bhmd3, wonkanerds, butterfinger, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, rosetyler, IMforME2

Ohio
case western: Butterfinger, LoveGI, bhmd3, dvn, curious lately, Emt30119, fpearls, UofM527

Oregon

Pennsylvania
university of pittsburgh categorical (upmc): Hannibalct, eastcoaster1979, aale818, lovegi, im4ever, IMforME2, curious lately, familyguy909, LJo, nateshizzle, UofM527
Thomas Jefferson: ChimpanzeeMinky, armstud, curious lately, elgrecomcv, eastcoastkid, jad2121, IMforME2, im4ever

South Carolina

Tennessee
vanderbilt: Aale818, marichar, eastcoaster1979, bergwood, choirboy, curious lately

Texas
ut southwestern (Dallas): Aale818, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, texasguy, nateshizzle

Utah
u of utah: Horhay1241, Dimple Knuckle, DVN, drrockstar140, memento2007, elissa57

Virginia
university of virginia: Dvn, im4ever, butterfinger, eastcoaster1979, armstud, aale818, UofM527, ElGrecoMCV
vcu: Im4ever, jad2121, chimpanzeeminky, elgrecomcv, eastcoaster1979, eastcoastkid, memento2007, sima2113

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin
uwisconsin: Dvn, butterfinger, memento2007, dimple knuckle, drrockstar140, horhay1241, Emt30119, fpearls

Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!
Step 1: Click on the blue "QUOTE" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface + underline fonts).

Step 2: Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning (QUOTE=username;numbers) and very end (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets.

Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title/subject line so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
Loma Linda: DVN, go lakers, phyozo

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979, phyozo

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia
university of virginia: Dvn, im4ever, butterfinger, eastcoaster1979, armstud, aale818, UofM527, ElGrecoMCV

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

[/QUOTE]

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979, phyozo

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisiana
tulane: choirboy, ElGrecoMCV

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Members don't see this ad :)
MGH teaser email today says application will be reviewed after Nov 1st with invites going out the week of the 16th.

Nothing unexpected, but nice to have the confirmation. It did really get my hopes up for a second :oops:

MGH teaser email today says application will be reviewed after Nov 1st with invites going out the week of the 16th.

Nothing unexpected, but nice to have the confirmation. It did really get my hopes up for a second :oops:

Haha when I saw MGH in the subject title I thought it was a rejection email.

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon
providence medical center: drrockstar140
providence St. Vincent's: Davidtennant

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
university of southern california: Phyozo, marichar, EastcoastKid, im4ever, go lakers, elissa57, nateshizzle, horhay1241, jooj

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
university of southern california: Phyozo, marichar, EastcoastKid, im4ever, go lakers, elissa57, nateshizzle, horhay1241, jooj
Loma Linda: DVN, go lakers, phyozo, im4ever

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas
ut southwestern (Dallas): Aale818, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, texasguy, nateshizzle, im4ever

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
university of southern california: Phyozo, marichar, EastcoastKid, im4ever, go lakers, elissa57, nateshizzle, horhay1241, jooj, armstud

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri
washington university: Marichar, bergwood, bhmd3, imforme2, choirboy, aale818, im4ever, butterfinger, texasguy, Elixir86, nateshizzle, armstud

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York
Einstein-jacobi: Armstud

North Carolina

Ohio
Cleveland Clinic: DVN, choirboy, Emt30119, sima2113, LoveGI, UofM527, IMforME2, armstud

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas
ut southwestern (Dallas): Aale818, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, texasguy, nateshizzle, im4ever

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
university of southern california: Phyozo, marichar, EastcoastKid, im4ever, go lakers, elissa57, nateshizzle, horhay1241, jooj, armstud

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida
umiami: Elgrecomcv, im4ever, AA62, horhay1241, fpearls, robguertel

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky
University of Kentucky (Lexington): robguertel

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri
washington university: Marichar, bergwood, bhmd3, imforme2, choirboy, aale818, im4ever, butterfinger, texasguy, Elixir86, nateshizzle, armstud

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio
Cleveland Clinic: DVN, choirboy, Emt30119, sima2113, LoveGI, UofM527, IMforME2, armstud

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

[/QUOTE]

Make sure you ask when you interview if the programs are using the intraining exam for promotion or retention of residents. I've been seeing a very distrubing trend of the intraiing exam being used this way and it's not supposed to be. Any program that does this has a red flag in my book.

Anyone having trouble scheduling with USC? The email says to call them to schedule, but so far one phone line has been busy all day and the other one goes to voicemail. I'm wondering if I should leave a voicemail with my date preferences. I don't mind to keep trying but just thought I'd ask.

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois
University of Chicago: aale818, choirboy, curious lately, rosetyler, hannibalct, Elixir86, BHMD3

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Anyone having trouble scheduling with USC? The email says to call them to schedule, but so far one phone line has been busy all day and the other one goes to voicemail. I'm wondering if I should leave a voicemail with my date preferences. I don't mind to keep trying but just thought I'd ask.

I've been having the same problem all day today (10/18). It makes me kind of worried about the technological aptitude of the program that it hasn't gone to an email or web-based system.

An interesting related note would be to discuss which schools have the best scheduling system. The best one I've seen is the one Emory uses.

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois
University of Chicago: aale818, choirboy, curious lately, rosetyler, hannibalct, Elixir86, BHMD3, nateshizzle

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Last edited:
Make sure you ask when you interview if the programs are using the intraining exam for promotion or retention of residents. I've been seeing a very distrubing trend of the intraiing exam being used this way and it's not supposed to be. Any program that does this has a red flag in my book.

Good call, that would scare the crap outta me.

I've been having the same problem all day today (10/18). It makes me kind of worried about the technological aptitude of the program that it hasn't gone to an email or web-based system.

An interesting related note would be to discuss which schools have the best scheduling system. The best one I've seen is the one Emory uses.

For USC, when I got my interview, I called every hour or so until someone picked up, that way I could schedule easier. Emory and Loma Linda used the Interview broker, I think every program should use that, it's legit.

Nate, you ARE a top tier candidate :laugh: Grats on Chicago!

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
kaiser Los Angeles : arielred, go lakers

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois
University of Chicago: aale818, choirboy, curious lately, rosetyler, hannibalct, Elixir86, BHMD3, nateshizzle

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Good advice. This is probably going a bit off-topic, but any other warning signs that we should ask about?

For those of you who had their interview date at the University of Chicago confirmed, how long did it take from the time you submitted your information for them to confirm your date? Thank you.

3rd quartile at top 20 med school (Honors in IM), Step 1 of 250, no research. Questionable move University of Chicago? Have you lost your top tier luster? Whatevs, I'll take it. :cool:

Huh? Those stats are pretty damn solid. I don't know why you think Uchi is making a questionable move.

Thanks for the heads up. Which exam is this that you're referring to? Also, what is the preferred way to promote residents? Just want to keep myself informed.

Thanks for the heads up. Which exam is this that you're referring to? Also, what is the preferred way to promote residents? Just want to keep myself informed.

It's an exam that was designed to be taken without studying during your second year, a score in the 60th %ile (or better) nationally meant you were on track to pass IM boards - nothing more, nothing less.

Many programs, including the one I graduated from have residents of every level take it. It can help you identify personal weaknesses. My program did not use it for promotion of retention.

Residents should be promoted to the next level as long as they demonstrate a passing job, as judged by the attending clinical staff, each month they are in training. Basically, it should be an "innocent until proven guilty" system, not a "guilty until proven innocent". Programs should assume you are advanced satisfactorily until you demonstrate that you are not by a deficiency, as judged by your clinical attending staff, in one of the 6 core competencies (google it, I'm not giving a long drawn out discussion of these).

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
scripps green: Dvn, dimple knuckle, go lakers, phyozo, davidtennant, im4ever
uc irvine medical center: Go lakers, texasguy, phyozo, im4ever

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas
The Methodist Hospital (Houston): im4ever

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Last edited:
Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida
umiami: Elgrecomcv, im4ever, AA62, horhay1241, fpearls, robguertel, katlady
U of Florida: katlady

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana
indiana university: Lovegi, horhay1241, elissa57, nateshizzle, katlady

Iowa

Kentucky
University of Kentucky (Lexington): robguertel, katlady

Louisiana
tulane: choirboy, ElGrecoMCV, katlady

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina
Carolinas Medical Center: katlady

Ohio
university of cincinnati: Dvn, emt30119, sima2113, katlady
ohio state: Butterfinger, dvn, eastcoaster1979, drrockstar140, LoveGI, UofM527, katlady
Cleveland Clinic: DVN, choirboy, Emt30119, sima2113, LoveGI, UofM527, IMforME2, armstud, katlady

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina
musc: Aale818, elgrecomcv, eastcoaster1979, dvn, horhay1241, elissa57, katlady
Greenville: katlady

Tennessee

Texas

Utah
u of utah: Horhay1241, Dimple Knuckle, DVN, drrockstar140, memento2007, elissa57, katlady

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Few things about nateshizzle's post.

First, his stats are beyond solid and I think we should all assume he knows that. Look at what he does say. He says he went to a top 20 medical school, he scored a 250 on USMLE Step 1. He also throws in that he was in the bottom half of his class (assuming preclinical grades) which most schools don't even count now that there's a P/F system. So in summary he passed all his preclinicals, got a 250 on step 1, and did it at a top 20 university.

Second, look at how he only singles out UChicago. He actually has listed that he's gotten interviews at UT-Southwestern, University of Michigan, WashU, and University of Pittsburgh.

The only one he's singling out is UChicago. Are we to believe he doesn't know that Michigan, UTSW, WashU, and Pitt are in the same tier as UChicago? He probably has an agenda somewhere of his own. The most likely one is that he knows someone with lower scores, or something which in his mind convinced him they didn't deserve an interview there, but they got one anyways.

Or, you know...it was a joke.

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979, phyozo, texasguy

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina
duke: Bergwood, curious lately, hannibalct, bhmd3, wonkanerds, texasguy, butterfinger, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, rosetyler, IMforME2

Ohio
ohio state: Butterfinger, dvn, eastcoaster1979, drrockstar140, LoveGI, UofM527, katlady
Cleveland Clinic: DVN, choirboy, Emt30119, sima2113, LoveGI, UofM527, IMforME2, armstud, katlady

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas
ut houston: Aale818, astrocytosis, im4ever, texasguy, nateshizzle

Utah
u of utah: Horhay1241, Dimple Knuckle, DVN, drrockstar140, memento2007, elissa57, katlady

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979, phyozo, texasguy

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina
duke: Bergwood, curious lately, hannibalct, bhmd3, wonkanerds, texasguy, butterfinger, choirboy, eastcoaster1979, rosetyler, IMforME2

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas
baylor (houston): choirboy

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Is that list where people are applying or where people have interviews?

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan
university of michigan: Bergwood, hannibalct, aale818, arm stud, rosetyler, curious lately, phyozo, Elixir86, nateshizzle, eastcoaster1979, UofM527

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Delaware
Christiana Care-LJo

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts
Mount Auburn-LJo

Michigan
university of michigan: Bergwood, hannibalct, aale818, arm stud, rosetyler, curious lately, phyozo, Elixir86, nateshizzle, eastcoaster1979, UofM527

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title/subject line so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California
scripps mercy: go lakers

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Delaware
Christiana Care-LJo

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts
Mount Auburn-LJo

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title/subject line so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

D.C.

Delaware
Christiana Care-LJo

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts
Mount Auburn-LJo

Michigan
Henry Ford: Chocolate1

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979, phyozo, texasguy, caipirinhaquinho

D.C.

Delaware
Christiana Care-LJo

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts
Mount Auburn-LJo

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania
hospital of the university of pennsylvania: IMforME2, AA62, caipirinhaquinho

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Alabama

Arkansas

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut
yale: Marichar, cefspazidime, curious lately, im4ever, hannibalct, rose tyler, eastcoaster1979, phyozo, texasguy, caipirinhaquinho

D.C.

Delaware
Christiana Care-LJo

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii
U of Hawaii-LJo

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Maine Medical Center-LJo

Maryland

Massachusetts
Mount Auburn-LJo

Michigan

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oregon

Pennsylvania
hospital of the university of pennsylvania: IMforME2, AA62, caipirinhaquinho

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas
baylor (houston): choirboy, aale818
The Methodist Hospital (Houston): im4ever, aale818

Utah

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title/subject line so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.