2011-12 :- Scores,Interview cycle and Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello everyone.....

part 1: 87
toefl:108
gpa: 3.58

close to 7 months of observarship...will start preparing for part2 ..wannna give it in december..

applied to around 7 schools...i really dont know where i stand in this years cycle, hoping get a call from atleast 1 or 2...:confused::confused::confused:

good luck to everyone...!!!...will keep ya'll posted ...

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Can someone tell me about total seats available for foreign trained dentist for DDS who is not having US citizenship or Green card????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
Can someone tell me about total seats available for foreign trained dentist for DDS who is not having US citizenship or Green card????
As far as I know only very few schools require citizenship or green card and the ones I came across had few seats. For example University of Oklahoma requires the applicant to be american citizen or permanent resident, but has only 4 seats available for this year. So I don't think you need to worry about it at all. Just try to collect points like high NBDE score, GPA, resumes,... Good luck!

hello everyone.....

part 1: 87
toefl:108
gpa: 3.58

close to 7 months of observarship...will start preparing for part2 ..wannna give it in december..

applied to around 7 schools...i really dont know where i stand in this years cycle, hoping get a call from atleast 1 or 2...:confused::confused::confused:

good luck to everyone...!!!...will keep ya'll posted ...
I think you are in a very good position. Let us know how it's been like for you.

im a foreign dentist , basically a re-applicant dis yr

with stats 88/3.85/107

work exp--
nearly 2 years including private practice , lots of healthcare volunteer too
1 year teaching exp
2 months observershp in usa
2 certificates of appreciation
5 cde in my homeland

bt no research or publications

bt still waiting to hear for calls dis yr, californian schools done, hop fr sum miracle for bu, bdw i did gt interviewed in nyu last yr bt put on waitlist tht nevr cleared...........
dont knw what to do more, i hope a mha/mph is nt necessary to add research, publications in my resume n i seriously dnt want to go fr tht as a pathway fr dds ,
instead i feel for goin fr nbde 2 , bt time is running out fast, already 2yrs gone aftr my graduation n part 2 nxt yr means applyin fr d 3rd consecutiv yr again!!

just writin dese to gt sum valuable suggestions !!!

As far as I know only very few schools require citizenship or green card and the ones I came across had few seats. For example University of Oklahoma requires the applicant to be american citizen or permanent resident, but has only 4 seats available for this year. So I don't think you need to worry about it at all. Just try to collect points like high NBDE score, GPA, resumes,... Good luck!

Thank you ranama...:)

its been the worst i could hav ever imagined...

rwjwctions from UOP, UCSF, UPENN

Application on hold letters from minneosta and buffalo...
waiting to hear from NYU, BU AND UTHSCA

i have no clue what is wrong with my application, it is really frustrating for me when i dont know the reason for my rejection and people with lesser stats then mine r called for interview. is it because i am Indian or is it because i dont have a green card n stuff....if that is the reason then i better go back to india and do something with my life...i am totally irritated , disgusted n frustrated.

i dont know where this DDS thing is taking me to....

I think you are in a very good position. Let us know how it's been like for you.

its been the worst i could hav ever imagined...

rwjwctions from UOP, UCSF, UPENN

Application on hold letters from minneosta and buffalo...
waiting to hear from NYU, BU AND UTHSCA

i have no clue what is wrong with my application, it is really frustrating for me when i dont know the reason for my rejection and people with lesser stats then mine r called for interview. is it because i am Indian or is it because i dont have a green card n stuff....if that is the reason then i better go back to india and do something with my life...i am totally irritated , disgusted n frustrated.

i dont know where this DDS thing is taking me to....

Take it easy. Print out the CAAPID application and take another few looks at it and see if there is something missing.

Green card is an important thing to get.
Good luck

Hi Everyone,

Just want to know How many days does to take to get the NDBE part 2 results. I wrote it on 6th and 7th and i am still waiting for the results. Any Idea..?

Hi Everyone,

Just want to know How many days does to take to get the NDBE part 2 results. I wrote it on 6th and 7th and i am still waiting for the results. Any Idea..?

I got mine 'exactly' after 2 weeks!

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know how many people have received interview calls from UMN for 2012 session. i have mine on 6th Dec. Also, it's really late in the interview cycle so out of their 10 seats how many would be left to fill?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say only one thing to every one. please work hard on Bench test for the admission because they do consider a lot before selecting candidates now a days as NBDE part 1 is becoming second main choice than the hand skills. They are aware of the changing rules for the Part 1 and all. So work hard in your spare time to improve your hand skills. Specially if your Part 1 score is low, do not get discouraged just show them in the bench test that your hand skills are better

Unfortunately I am accepted in different school but I have practiced a lot for bench test so please feel free to ask me any question or suggestion. PM me anytime

Good Luck to all
Hi, did you practice at home for the bench test. If yes, what did you buy, where and an stimate how much you pay? thanks for you response and help. take care

i agree with what anvik said, recently i got admission in one of the school. i wanted to say that u have to practice a lotttttttttttt to get admission . there r people to misguide u by telling that they have practised only few teeth to get admission .dont believe that, i have wasted one year becoz of this misguidance. thank god this year i got accepted . get all the needed equipments and practice at home . i m ready to answer about the details . if u have any questions.

hi butchh, can you please give me the details of all the stuff required for bench exam preparation at home......it would be highly appreciated
god bless you..my email-> [email protected]

i agree with what anvik said, recently i got admission in one of the school. i wanted to say that u have to practice a lotttttttttttt to get admission . there r people to misguide u by telling that they have practised only few teeth to get admission .dont believe that, i have wasted one year becoz of this misguidance. thank god this year i got accepted . get all the needed equipments and practice at home . i m ready to answer about the details . if u have any questions.

hii butchh.. i am also very interested. where can we get materials to practice at home?

hi , sorry for the delayed reply. first i will list the equipments and instruments to practice at home.
1. compressor- regarding compressor better get a silent compressor if u r in apartment . it might be more expensive than the noisy one but it will be a wise decision to get the silent one. u can also get a second hand compressors its worth it.
2. portable turbine unit or assembled foot pedel both works good.
3. mounting pole
4. hand piece 4 hole will be a better option or if u have 2 hole then get 2 hole to 4 hole adapter . becoz it will help u when u have to take the hand piece for exam like in usc we have to use our own handpiece.
5. kilgore typo - colorodo, uop, ucsf, buffolo.
6. columbia typo- usc, ucla
7. regarding burs - u can get from brasslers dental depot or pearson or u can also get the the unused burs from the sdn members .
8. instruments like mouth mirror, explorer , hatchet, hoe, gmt u can get from brasslers.
my suggestion is to get all the major equipments , typo, portable turbine unit in second hand it saves a lot of money. when i bought all these instruments i dont have proper guidance and i bought all new equipments i wasted a lot of money. if u want specifics u can msg me. good luck

hi i am a 2010 graduate unfortunately my nbde score was 81 and my gpa is 8.5 is there any chance for me i have been doin observership for the past yr. Is there any hope for me? i applied to alot of places but didnt recieve any interviews now waiting for bu and temple..... plz help

Last edited:
My stats are not good ..Please guide ..75/ GPA-2.0/ toefl- 94....9 years of dental assisting/Observing in the US [in a community health organization]....Volunteer in Hurricane relief [part of dental unit]...3 years pvt. practice in home country...Appearing for part 2 NBDE soon...Thank you.