2010 Acceptance & Waitlist Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha me too! and staring at my phone constantly in case its a phone call

It will be an email; they specified :)

Members don't see this ad.

another congrats for you on Oregon! great job.

Thanks!

Oregon is one of the most competitive School programs around (10% acceptance rate), and I've thought of it as a bit of "snowball's chance" throughout the process, plus I did a phone interview instead of an in-person one.

Hi,
If a few people have gotten acceptances to the school but the school says they have just started and you will know in two weeks what should one think? Does this mean you have been rejected because you haven't heard anything or just that they haven't reached your file yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
This wait is killing me! I refresh my email and this acceptance thread every 5 minutes! Has anyone received an email yet?

Hi,
If a few people have gotten acceptances to the school but the school says they have just started and you will know in two weeks what should one think? Does this mean you have been rejected because you haven't heard anything or just that they haven't reached your file yet?

Both are possibilities. You could also be on a waitlist.

Anyone else out there eagerly waiting for Delaware's Monday decision?

This wait is killing me! I refresh my email and this acceptance thread every 5 minutes! Has anyone received an email yet?

Its 3:45pm and I still havent heard anything either!

Its 3:45pm and I still havent heard anything either!

Yeah someone told me that American made their decision yesterday, and would probably be contacting today, but now its 3:58 and I am getting a headache from my compulsive checking. Rawr. Has anyone heard?

Has anyone heard anything from them yet???

Anybody hear from Binghamton yet?

Has anyone heard from Michigan State after the cryptic email last week? The thread hasn't been updated lately and I keep wondering what happened to them.

I know some of you lurking out there have successfully chosen and initiated the next step - actually going to grad school!! So I would love to hear what were the most important considerations when you made your final decision. I am lucky enough to have two great offers and am seriously torn!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Michigan State after the cryptic email last week? The thread hasn't been updated lately and I keep wondering what happened to them.

I inquired into the initial email and the response I received was equally as vague. The admission chair complimented me on how strong my application was, said they are hoping to have final decisions soon and will try to get me more information asap. However, I was unable to infer from either message whether or not offers have been extended. Would love to find out specifics if anyone knows.

Given how frustratingly vague (or entirely absent!) so much of the communication is during this process, I thought I'd share this little gem...

Last week I received and accepted an offer to my top choice clinical program. The next day, I emailed the POIs at the other schools where I was still being considered to formally withdraw my applications and I got very kind, thoughtful responses back from these individuals.

Today, I received a letter in the mail from the DCT at University of South Dakota -- a short little two-liner that simply congratulated me on admission to a program with a great fit, and well-wishes for a wonderful grad school experience and a bright career. Signed (not stamped!) and everything! I was totally impressed... I have no idea if this is common etiquette or not, but how ridiculously kind and thoughtful of them to establish that kind of communication with their applicants.

Considering the number of schools who just don't respond in ANY way to inquiries or even general status updates, I appreciate the hell out of a program that sends a congratulatory snail-mail letter when an applicant accepts at a *different* program!! :)

I know some of you lurking out there have successfully chosen and initiated the next step - actually going to grad school!! So I would love to hear what were the most important considerations when you made your final decision. I am lucky enough to have two great offers and am seriously torn!! :confused:

I had two offers from my #1 and #2 choice. A great, but also kinda sucky situation. Each had a few advantages over the other. I am big on location so that had an impact, but what it REALLY came down to was this question to myself:

Will I be happy researching (insert whatever research your potential mentor does) for the next five years? One of my schools was a pretty good fit. I could've gotten into that research and probably be happy with it, but the other school's mentor did exactly what I was interested in so that's really what was most important to me and was the deal break.

Another question to ask yourself is if you don't end up going to one of the schools, how upset will you be? That was also what did it for me. When I said to myself, I won't be going to X school. I'm going to Y. I felt disappointed right away even though I liked both schools. That's how I also knew school X was for me.

Good luck!

I posted this on another thread, but I am DYING to know... anyone holding an offer at George Mason, or anyone else out there waitlisted at GMU? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

I just received an acceptance to Suffolk University via email from the DCT :D

I'm going to a PhD program!!!!:soexcited:

yay! i finally get to post on here! i was accepted to chestnut hill college's psyd program via email!! (i checked my email kinda late, it came this afternoon!). HURRAY!!!! i'm still waiting to hear from 2 schools i interviewed at this week, but I HAVE AN ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!! :soexcited:

Has anyone heard yet of acceptance? They said we would hear by today.. and I haven't. I'm assuming I didn't get in :(

Has anyone heard yet of acceptance? They said we would hear by today.. and I haven't. I'm assuming I didn't get in :(

Hi! they sent us an email--did you get it? they didnt make decisions yet. they said that they are hoping to decide by the end of next week. :xf::xf::xf:

Has any one heard anything from Case Western Reserve University? They said we would hear from them this week and I haven't heard anything!

I just received an acceptance to Suffolk University via email from the DCT :D

I'm going to a PhD program!!!!:soexcited:

Was this a mass email acceptance? Also,would you mind PMing me your POI? Thanks so much! And congrats--Suffolk is a great program!

I was really, really impressed by the Clinical Psych PhD program at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and have accepted their offer. Very excited!!!

Hi! they sent us an email--did you get it? they didnt make decisions yet. they said that they are hoping to decide by the end of next week. :xf::xf::xf:

No, I didn't. I wonder if I didn't make the first cut... who did you get the email from?

just got into umbc's clinical doctorate program! straight out of undergrad and this was also my undergrad institution. going against the odds here haha ;)

Accepted fall 2009, beginning classes 2010.... Are any of my new classmates out there? Holla!

Just admitted to University of Oregon School Psychology PhD via email from admissions director! Shocked and so happy! :)

Congratulations!! UO is a truly great school, Eugene is an awesome city (Portland is number one!!), Oregon is a place of soul soothing beauty, and the pac NW is where it's at. I'm sure you'd make a tremendous addition.

Acceptance offer from Ohio university clinical phd program! My first one!

Congratulations!! UO is a truly great school, Eugene is an awesome city (Portland is number one!!), Oregon is a place of soul soothing beauty, and the pac NW is where it's at. I'm sure you'd make a tremendous addition.

Aww, thanks! :D

I should be visiting the school soon, and it will also allow me to visit some friends and colleagues in the general Portland area.

Hi Everyone, congrats to all those that got accepted to PhD programs. I am on a wait list for one. So to all my fellow waitlister's hopefully things work out.

I was wondering if anyone has heard from McGill University Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology program. I haven't heard anything from them. I emailed POI two weeks ago and he stated that I would her back soon.

Anyone apply to the same program at McGill?

Quick question - how long did it take for you to hear about acceptance/waitlist after the interview?

I just got accepted into Widener's PsyD program!! I am BEYOND excited right now.. AND i got a scholarship (a little one, but it helps)!!! i totally can't believe i got into widener. wow. :soexcited::biglove:

Yesterday, I received my very first acceptance, to Roosevelt's PsyD program. I am beyond ecstatic, LOVE their program. I will be withdrawing my app from Nova's PsyD program in case anyone is on their waitlist. Good luck to everyone :)

Anyone heard from Ferkauf (Yeshiva)'s PsyD program for clinical psych?? I am not referring to their combined program....

Congrats for all those who were accepted!!

I am also dying to hear from Binghamton. I saw on gradcafe that someone got waitlisted and then rejected. Someone else told me that they also got waitlisted, but I have not heard of any acceptances. I am kinda giving up hope and thinking that I have been rejected. If you hear anything back from the e-mail, please let me know!!

I received my second acceptance last week. I'm really struggling with how to decline this offer in a sincere manner. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought I saw someone's post on this but I can't seem to find it.

I received my second acceptance last week. I'm really struggling with how to decline this offer in a sincere manner. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought I saw someone's post on this but I can't seem to find it.

I've posted on this before if you want to find some exact wording. Just be gracious and say you have what you think is a better fit elsewhere. Congrats on 2 acceptances!

Sorry to keep posting this, but has anyone heard from them post-interview?

Anyone gotten acceptances from American or TC? I know I heard people started getting them from TC, but I'm not sure if they've finished accepting.

Has any one heard anything from Case Western Reserve University? They said we would hear from them this week and I haven't heard anything!
I recieved an e-mail from POI at Case Friday afternoon around 4:30pm. She basically said that she is unable to make me an offer at this time, but that she might be able to in the coming weeks. I am assuming I'm on the waiting list. Has anyone else heard back from Case? Does anyone know how many people are on their waiting list and how that process works?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else received an e-mail Friday saying they are on the waiting list for Case. Does anyone know how many people are typically on the waiting list, and how likely it is to be offered a position if you are on the waiting list? Thanks!

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else received an e-mail Friday saying they are on the waiting list for Case. Does anyone know how many people are typically on the waiting list, and how likely it is to be offered a position if you are on the waiting list? Thanks!

You can ask you POI where you are on the waitlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.