* * 2010 - 2011 * * Secondary Applications Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Applied to: 7
Secondaries done: 7
Interviews: 4
Acceptances: 0

CCOM
LECOM-B
LECOM-E
AZCOM

Is anyone going to be going to the 8/27 interview at LECOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to: 7
Secondaries done: 7
Interviews: 4
Acceptances: 0

CCOM
LECOM-B
LECOM-E
AZCOM

Is anyone going to be going to the 8/27 interview at LECOM?

Yes, LECOM-B... Are you going to the B or E interview on that day? 4 of us SDNers are planning to hang out the night before if you are interested PM me or Peachy with your number and when you will be out there! :) Should be fun!

Just got the LECOM-E interview...FINALLY. Haha, totally stoked :D

Wootwoot! Awesome for you! Congrats!!! Now just to wait for more to come your way!

Yes, LECOM-B... Are you going to the B or E interview on that day? 4 of us SDNers are planning to hang out the night before if you are interested PM me or Peachy with your number and when you will be out there! :) Should be fun!

Wootwoot! Awesome for you! Congrats!!! Now just to wait for more to come your way!

Are any of us SDNers planning anything before the AZCOM interview on 9/17? We should :) It looks like there will be several of us there.

I'm down for whatever in AZ on the 17th. And I'll be staying til Saturday if anyone wants to do anything Friday night after the interview.

I'm down for whatever in AZ on the 17th. And I'll be staying til Saturday if anyone wants to do anything Friday night after the interview.

I'm staying until Saturday too - so I'm up for a get together after the interviews. It might even be better since we won't be worrying so much about the upcoming interview.

congrats on the interviews guys! I hope to get some LECOM interviews soon as well :)

haha sounds like a good idea! the secondary isnt all too bad, im just feelin too lazy to research the why KCUMB. maybe ill go for a quick run and get my mind straight. oh and that book by gevitz is a pretty good read!

Alright, man. Come clean! I mailed the Touro NV app in today, so you better have completed KCUMB! :slap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, for your secondary applications, are you phrasing it like the personal statement? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to write them. Thanks!

Hey guys, for your secondary applications, are you phrasing it like the personal statement? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to write them. Thanks!

Just write them in the best way you know how. I have seen them in story form, cohesive fact lists, and colorful articulations of personality, style, and flair. So, just do what you think is the best way to get your specific viewpoint across.

Thanks for the advice. Also another question, on average, how long should I spend on writing them? I only ask this because my personal statement took me forever, I went through like 5 drafts and took me a month and this seems like it could easily take forever.

i know that touro-ny gives interviews to all the students who do its secondary. do any other schools do that?

also, do any schools have a high secondary to interview rate? like they interview most of the students who get their secondary?

which schools screen the hardest? do they all just have a minimum cutoff or do some actually pick and choose who does their secondary?

i know that touro-ny gives interviews to all the students who do its secondary. do any other schools do that?

also, do any schools have a high secondary to interview rate? like they interview most of the students who get their secondary?

which schools screen the hardest? do they all just have a minimum cutoff or do some actually pick and choose who does their secondary?

For what its worth, my stats are 24m, 3.59, lots of extracurricular, service, the usual, etc. I applied to 23 DO and received secondaries from all of them. It makes me really wonder if they just send you a secondary if you have a pulse.

For what its worth, my stats are 24m, 3.59, lots of extracurricular, service, the usual, etc. I applied to 23 DO and received secondaries from all of them. It makes me really wonder if they just send you a secondary if you have a pulse.

You don't even need one of those as long as you have a checkbook or a valid credit card....

Screens are usually the schools minimum, but I see applicants get secondaries from schools when some aspect of their application is below the minimum, which makes me think it's a quick calculation for some schools; GPA (science+Cum) + MCAT, then scores above a threshold all get secondaries, probably a more stringent cut for interviews and file reviews, etc..

Are any of us SDNers planning anything before the AZCOM interview on 9/17? We should :) It looks like there will be several of us there.

Not sure if I can :( I am staying with a current AZCOM student, and she is driving me around from the airport and to the interview. Plus she has a big shelf exam on the day of our interview, so I don't want to ask her to take me anywhere when she should be studying... I want to kind of stay until Saturday, but I am thinking I will be leaving Friday after the interview, though I am not sure... I was thinking of getting a hotel for Friday night, but I know that my friend will want me to stay with her and I don't want to over extend my welcome. :oops: I guess I will know when I finally get my plane ticket... Which I have been slacking on...

ATSU-SOMA interview just came thru the email :)

Thats great! Congrats!!!

congrats mega on the invite!

Alright, man. Come clean! I mailed the Touro NV app in today, so you better have completed KCUMB! :slap:

ahhh didnt get around to doing it. i got caught up in trying to find the right suit. the one i bought was a nice fit but it was a bit tight. but dont worry! i def have the motivation to do it now. and :thumbup: on sendin that NV app

Funny story:

So I dropped by the Men's Warehouse for another suit... one of the employees asked me the occasion, and I told him for medschool interviews. He then gave me a really creepy smile and showed me a suit that he claims "all medical school students purchase for their interviews". I'm pretty sure this guy was a little off, judging by the way he rolled his hips and waved his arms when he walked, but that's besides the point.

The price wasn't too bad, so he wasn't trying to rip me off I think. It was a pretty slick black suit, 3 buttons, etc... then I look on the inside and it was lined in purple silk with about 10 pockets with gold fabric lining, and there was a seiko watch in one of them.

Lame I know, but I thought I'd share lol. Honestly though, if the suit was about $100 cheaper I would've gotten it for sure. :laugh:

Funny story:

So I dropped by the Men's Warehouse for another suit... one of the employees asked me the occasion, and I told him for medschool interviews. He then gave me a really creepy smile and showed me a suit that he claims "all medical school students purchase for their interviews". I'm pretty sure this guy was a little off, judging by the way he rolled his hips and waved his arms when he walked, but that's besides the point.

The price wasn't too bad, so he wasn't trying to rip me off I think. It was a pretty slick black suit, 3 buttons, etc... then I look on the inside and it was lined in purple silk with about 10 pockets with gold fabric lining, and there was a seiko watch in one of them.

Lame I know, but I thought I'd share lol. Honestly though, if the suit was about $100 cheaper I would've gotten it for sure. :laugh:

Haha. That's classic. Nothing wrong with a little bling on the inside. ;)

Awwwwwwww, I'm going to get a skirt suit this afternoon! Happy shopping time! :D Hopefully I will be lucky enough to get an inexpensive and decent suit cuz my budget is a little bit tight..sigh..

I'm going suit shopping today, too. Haha, hopefully we all find something good.

AHHHH MSUCOM's secondary app is the biggest load of crap

sorry i just had to rant :mad:

just got back from banana republic. after searchin at multiple stores, i finally found a suit im happy with that im not gonna need to tailor. gonna be goin navy blue on my interviews!

Funny story:

im curious now as to how that suit looks. must not be bad if u considered buying it

just got back from banana republic. after searchin at multiple stores, i finally found a suit im happy with that im not gonna need to tailor. gonna be goin navy blue on my interviews!

Nice! I'm thinking about goin to banana republic too since everyone seems to like their suits. I'm looking for a good 2 button, black or dark blue suit.

Good luck to everyone on their shopping tomorrow!

How much are these banana suits you guys are talking about? Must be ridiculously expensive. I think I'm gonna get mine from nordstrom rack, found one by Haspel I really liked for $240. Looked like good quality inside and out. Also liked this one by Joseph Abboud but it was $290. Went to Men's Warehouse and Hollywood Suit Outlet too but only found pretty cheap suits and no quality (and some at the latter I'm almost sure were re-branded :-/ ).

How much are these banana suits you guys are talking about? Must be ridiculously expensive. I think I'm gonna get mine from nordstrom rack, found one by Haspel I really liked for $240. Looked like good quality inside and out. Also liked this one by Joseph Abboud but it was $290. Went to Men's Warehouse and Hollywood Suit Outlet too but only found pretty cheap suits and no quality (and some at the latter I'm almost sure were re-branded :-/ ).

From what I've seen they're around $500, and at that price you're much better off going bespoke

Women suits in Banana Republic are so much cheaper though..like around $250-$300..but they don't have my size though..:( (I'm just too skinny, sighhh)..I found some really nice suits in J.Crew and Express..but they were allllllll black color (everyone is going to wear black suits and I just want to try something different)! :( I kind of want to get a grey or brown color suit :]

Women suits in Banana Republic are so much cheaper though..like around $250-$300..but they don't have my size though..:( (I'm just too skinny, sighhh)..I found some really nice suits in J.Crew and Express..but they were allllllll black color (everyone is going to wear black suits and I just want to try something different)! :( I kind of want to get a grey or brown color suit :]

I seem to have the opposite problem... Sigh... haha

MegaThunder, the ones at Nordstrom Rack seem to be your best bet. Banana is really pricey. You could buy your shirt there, but you might as well get the set at Nordstrom Rack as well. I was there a few months ago and they had some great shirts and ties.

I seem to have the opposite problem... Sigh... haha

:D I'm actually trying to gain some weight..I do eat A LOT! I even have a huge bowl of ice cream EVERY night before I go to bed. I've never donated my blood before coz they rejected me due to the fact that I was underweight (below 100 lbs). Please tell me your secret of gaining weight!!!!! :smuggrin:

:D I'm actually trying to gain some weight..I do eat A LOT! I even have a huge bowl of ice cream EVERY night before I go to bed. I've never donated my blood before coz they rejected me due to the fact that I was underweight (below 100 lbs). Please tell me your secret of gaining weight!!!!! :smuggrin:

Like this:

fat-guy.jpg

Awww zeta beta zeta. I still wonder if that's a real sorority or if you're just a Greek fan.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

DARN YOUUU!!! I've actually been dieting for a while in preparation for interviews. The taco bell fresco menu has been a life saver :)

Will suits (at nordstrom rack specifically) go on sale for labor day or should i just pick mine up now? Trying to figure out if it's worth the risk to wait two weeks when my first interview is on the 21st.

Last edited:
Just spoke to a friend who I forgot just started working at Macy's corporate. So I'm going to wait to buy a suit from Macy's when he comes down to visit Labor Day weekend and use his 30% discount :banana:

Last edited:

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this noshie. I will be going to LECOM-E. My LECOM-B interview is in October. I applied later to that one. If anyone will be going let me know. It might be fun to meet up. :)

As for the suite issue. I think men have it a bit easier then the women. I have to coordinate my jewelry to my shoes, dress suite or just a blouse with nice slacks? What about the makeup I need to wear? It must coordinate to my chosen colors for the day and if I choose the wrong shade for my interview then god forbid my skin ends up looking all pasty and washed out. Granted I have practice in this area, but still it just adds more complications. I would be happy to just worry about a tailored suite and a tie.

Last edited:
How much are these banana suits you guys are talking about?

yea they can get really expensive. luckily, i had a gift card and i opened up a BR card to take advantage of the 25% off. ended up payin only half the price. but the fact that i didnt have to tailor it def saved me money that i otherwise would have spent on it

:eek: eat! more!

Like this:

fat-guy.jpg

:laugh::laugh: thats what id like to have every night

Ah, finally got a skirt suit from Ann Taylor! :p and the best part was my mum paid for it!!!! lol..She felt bad I couldn't wear the dress which she bought for my interview :( (I told her I should probably wear a suit cuz I would look more professional in a suit)..Happy happy! :D

@DoctorPenguin: it's not fun to be SOOOO skinny..I don't look healthy and I look weak :(

@cbrons: I don't think ZBZ is a real sorority (even though I wished it really existed, lol). GREEK rocks! Everyone loves Cappie, but I like Evan more..:p

@traitorman/MightyMoose: Seriously! I eat A LOT! But I guess I don't eat healthy though. I don't eat too many vegetables..I'm a fan of red meat and I just cannot live without meat!

I hope everyone had a great weekend :D

Just spoke to a friend who I forgot just started working at Macy's corporate up in the bay. So I'm going to wait to buy a suit from Macy's when he comes down to visit Labor Day weekend and use his 30% discount :banana:

Nice, man. I just picked up a DKNY suit there today. It was originally priced at $600 and I got it on clearance for $300. They have some pretty sweet deals there and if you get an extra 30% off you'll be set. They have some good dress shoes there as well.

DAMN YOUUUUU, i'm at work and this is making me really hungry!

Tell me about it! I can't eat another one of those bad boys until after my interviews, so that I can make sure my suit still fits... :p

On another note, I've submitted 27 secondaries... Only have 1 left, but I'm not sure I want to submit it... I ended up dropping three schools after I got my last MCAT score back, because I'm not in the business of giving money away... So, to do or not to do the last one...? I've finished all the essays (6 of them! :eek:), but they have a strange grad letter requirement, etc., so I'm not sure I want to do it. So much work with very little assurance of an interview... 'tis the life we lead...

Tell me about it! I can't eat another one of those bad boys until after my interviews, so that I can make sure my suit still fits... :p

On another note, I've submitted 27 secondaries... Only have 1 left, but I'm not sure I want to submit it... I ended up dropping three schools after I got my last MCAT score back, because I'm not in the business of giving money away... So, to do or not to do the last one...? I've finished all the essays (6 of them! :eek:), but they have a strange grad letter requirement, etc., so I'm not sure I want to do it. So much work with very little assurance of an interview... 'tis the life we lead...

That is a lot of secondaries, I am burned out after 21! Don't do the last one--medical school is so overrated. :)

That is a lot of secondaries, I am burned out after 21! Don't do the last one--medical school is so overrated. :)

Haha. I really don't want to do it, but I keep thinking, "What if that's the one..." I should stop thinking like that. It's must be a gamblers gene. :shrug:

21 is still a lot, man. Doing them takes so much out of you. It's an exhausting process, but now it's time to start reading interview prep, Health Care, DO, and general current event topics to sound like we're on top of it at interviews. haha. It doesn't end. But that's ok. Thinking about possible interviews makes me pretty happy. ;)