2010-2011 PhD/PsyD Official Rejection thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After interviewing at widener early last month, I'm getting so antsy. Any words of wisdom?!

Members don't see this ad.

I received a rejection letter via mail from University of Montana.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a rejection letter from the University of Hartford

I got a rejection letter from the University of Hartford

Seconding what StudentForLife asked. Was this post interview? Would you mind sharing (you can PM me) which date you interviewed? I interviewed there and have been anxious to hear something even though I am not optimistic. Thanks.

Sorry to flood this thread with an extra question for those of you anxious to hear definitive news!

I called, but they all they said was that they'd have all the decisions out by April 1.

Ah, frustrating :( I hope you hear from them soon! Don't forget to check your mail since they're only notifying that way.

Rejected from Fairleigh Dickinson via snail mail yesterday. :thumbdown:

USC rejection via snail mail after interview received today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have rejections listed on here, but have yet to hear a thing? This is without an interview, but I'm starting to wonder if they lost my application..... They could at least have the decency to reject me! :) Either that or I'm on that illusive waiting list to be interviewed?? (that I can't see ever possibly being used).

Anyone else have rejections listed on here, but have yet to hear a thing? This is without an interview, but I'm starting to wonder if they lost my application..... They could at least have the decency to reject me! :) Either that or I'm on that illusive waiting list to be interviewed?? (that I can't see ever possibly being used).

I'm in the same boat. I think I got 5 rejections but haven't heard anything from the other schools and I applied to 13. I understand it must be a tedious process but I think the least schools can do is use their status page to let you know if your still being considered or not. I've heard people say that if you haven't gotten any good news by now then you probably didn't get accepted but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I just don't even know what to do anymore or what my plan B should be. I hear about people applying to school for 3-4 years before getting accepted! I really love psychology but am not sure if I really want to put myself through that. For the competitiveness of the programs you'd think we'd end up making a doctors salary! It's actually easier to get into medical school than it is it get into a psych program. I think that's kinda ridiculous. I know I'm going on and on but I just need to vent to people who understand my frustration!

George Washington University (PsyD) rejection via e-mail on 3/6/11. No interview.

I'm in the same boat. I think I got 5 rejections but haven't heard anything from the other schools and I applied to 13. I understand it must be a tedious process but I think the least schools can do is use their status page to let you know if your still being considered or not. I've heard people say that if you haven't gotten any good news by now then you probably didn't get accepted but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I just don't even know what to do anymore or what my plan B should be. I hear about people applying to school for 3-4 years before getting accepted! I really love psychology but am not sure if I really want to put myself through that. For the competitiveness of the programs you'd think we'd end up making a doctors salary! It's actually easier to get into medical school than it is it get into a psych program. I think that's kinda ridiculous. I know I'm going on and on but I just need to vent to people who understand my frustration!

It can definitely be a frustrating and incredibly-stressful process, and I'm sure the last thing you want to think about right now is going through it all again come November/December. However, if that ends up being the unfortunate reality, I would definitely suggest giving yourself at least one more application cycle. While some applicants do go through three or four attempts, in my experience, the majority will be accepted by their second run-through. Also, with the economy continuing to gradually rebound, the upcoming applicant pool may not be quite as large as those of the past few years.

VCU Counseling rejection in the mail yesterday, no interview

I received a snail mail rejection letter from them yesterday.

official rejection today from CU Boulder, post-interview.

Rejection letter from UW Madison today, no interview.

snail mail rejection from USC, no interview. on a better note, ive officially heard back from every school i applied to! all 7 of those rejection letters stung a little bit but im excited for my acceptance to UA! hang tight everyone, its almost over ;)

Harvard Clinical PhD rejection letter via snail mail on 3/10/11, post phone interview. :smack:

Rejected 3/12- Pacific University by mail, after interview.

Rejected from Yeshiva's School-Clinical Child PsyD via regular mail. No interview.

UNCG is officially the only school I haven't heard anything from - it's clearly a rejection at this point, but they could at least have the decency to make it final. I applied there last year too, and I also did not hear a word, until I received a rejection email IN SEPTEMBER. I mean really? I think I figured that out in the interim.

I interviewed Friday the 25th and already heard back. Maybe give them a call?

Rejection letter via snail mail, no interview - I actually never really fully applied; did not pay appl fee and my appl status remained 'incomplete'
sssooo. I guess, they reviewed my appl nevertheless?? I am now officially a part of their stats, a part of their 'extremely competitive' program :idea:

that's one way to get the number of appl up :D

Rejection letter via snail mail, no interview - I actually never really fully applied; did not pay appl fee and my appl status remained 'incomplete'
sssooo. I guess, they reviewed my appl nevertheless?? I am now officially a part of their stats, a part of their 'extremely competitive' program :idea:

that's one way to get the number of appl up :D

That is really strange!

I received ANOTHER snail mail rejection letter from the University of Southern California today. They must be really terrified that I'm going to show up in the Fall!:wtf:

I received ANOTHER snail mail rejection letter from the University of Southern California today. They must be really terrified that I'm going to show up in the Fall!:wtf:

haha i also received a second snail mail letter from USC today! :shrug:

What did your say in your SOP???? ;)

Lehigh PhD counseling rejection via postal mail, no interview.

Oh goodie. I suppose mine will be here shortly.

bunderj said:
Ha! Clearly something inflammatory and offensive!!
Apparently you made quite an impression :)

(finally) Received my rejection from Iowa State counseling PhD program in the mail.

I am still waiting on one from WMU (counseling). Wish they would just get it over with..it isn't as if I don't know it's coming. I've already moved on even though my online status says, "pending decision". :rolleyes:

AB:)

Rejected from UT @ Austin through their status update page. Can't say I didn't see that one coming! Anyone have a plan B if they don't get in anywhere? If so,what are they???

Just got official rejection letter from Hofstra, after being on waitlist.

Rejection from Emory Clinical PhD. I did not interview so no surprise there. Via email on 3/16/11. :bang:

I got two from U of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I was like, "Come on!! I get it, you don't want me!"

Rejection from Emory Clinical PhD. I did not interview so no surprise there. Via email on 3/16/11. :bang:

Sooo sorry :-(

at least you heard back from them. Helps to bring closure to the two. I never heard a peep from Gallaudet and USUHS, only that my application was complete. I am totally in the dark but figure it's a rejection...:mad: glad I can do the math without them :D

Just got official rejection letter from Hofstra, after being on waitlist.

ohhh, that's my fear...a reject after all the hopes related to being wait-listed...I guess, either way, accept or reject from wait-list is going to happen pretty soon. The waiting will end. GOOD!!!:idea:

ohhh, that's my fear...a reject after all the hopes related to being wait-listed...I guess, either way, accept or reject from wait-list is going to happen pretty soon. The waiting will end. GOOD!!!:idea:

Well, I have already accepted at another school, so I suppose I should have probably called Hofstra and had myself removed anyway.

Well, I have already accepted at another school, so I suppose I should have probably called Hofstra and had myself removed anyway.

PLEASE, call/notify ALL of them in case you are wait-listed somewhere else.Thx! Keep lists moving so that we get a chance toooooooooo:zip:

PLEASE, call/notify ALL of them in case you are wait-listed somewhere else.Thx! Keep lists moving so that we get a chance toooooooooo:zip:
The only other waitlist was Widener, and I let them know :) I didn't even bother going to the LaSalle interview because it was scheduled SO LATE and I had already decided to accept another offer! Interviews at the end of March? No thank you...

The only other waitlist was Widener, and I let them know :) I didn't even bother going to the LaSalle interview because it was scheduled SO LATE and I had already decided to accept another offer! Interviews at the end of March? No thank you...

...received a rejection letter per snail mail today, no interview prior to this...sniff...:(
what is interesting is that the letter does say ...dep. of psych. does not recommend that you be admitted to the doc. program...
sounds slightly different...
...I still like the program though and also, the letter says that I could email the program director if I have any questions...clearly very generous and it tells me it is a small program with great empathize on individuals development/growth. Just not going to happen for me...well, congrats to those who got in!!!!!!!!!

++ it is always beneficial to sort out before applying, i.e., look for goodness of fit. Missed that one with Gallaudet, probably.

Has anyone received official rejections from any of these schools (all Clinical PhD programs)?

Boston University
Temple
University of Nevada Las Vegas
SUNY Binghamton
Northern Illinois

You can PM me if you don't want to share the info publicly...
Thanks!

Has anyone received official rejections from any of these schools (all Clinical PhD programs)?

Boston University
Temple
SUNY Binghamton
Northern Illinois

Thanks!

Nothing official from Boston or Temple for me yet

Any official rejections for U. Indiana at Bloomington, Miami U, or Stonybrook?

Boston University
Temple
SUNY Binghamton
Northern Illinois

Thanks!

No official rejections from BU, Temple, or Binghamton. BUT I did email all of those programs and...

BU-- "I'm sorry to inform you that all interviews have been completed and those not asked to interview should expect to receive a letter of rejection from the graduate school in the coming weeks."

Binghamton--"We have interviewed a group of applicants but no decisions have been made. All applicants will be notified by April 1st of their status."

Temple--No response

Hope that helps!!

I don't think this is considered "official." My POI from Binghamton called me today to reject me post-interview. It was a very short, to the point, impersonal phone call.