2010-2011 MD Rejection Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess it's time to get this one started...

DO NOT ERASE!
Tell us all when, how, and from where you were rejected. Expressions of how much you DIDN'T want to go there in the first place are encouraged, and frankly expected. Don't be shy....
1) click quote on the most recent list
2) delete the quote messages on the top and bottom
3) add your user name, date, pertinent info, the school
4) click submit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Post your stats too! (MCAT, sGPA/cGPA, volunteer hours, research, shadowing, etc.)

Do you want people who have been rejected at some places but accepted at others? That might get you a larger pool of info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this why MDapps exists?

Last edited:
I guess they want a convenient place, kind of like a Hall of Shame.

For some reason the thread either didn't catch on or was never made this cycle.
I use MDapps for the same purpose but MDapps is pretty sluggish.
I was wondering about that, I mean the old one is linked to in the 2010-'11 Applicant Sticky, but it was never updated with a link to the one meant for this cycle (if one was made.)

I was wondering about that, I mean the old one is linked to in the 2010-'11 Applicant Sticky, but it was never updated with a link to the one meant for this cycle (if one was made.)
I think writing the rejection letter is more fun

I've been rejected from a few schools: Georgetown, Pritzker, and Vandy. That's all I can remember at this moment, but I'm pretty sure I got rejected at Illinois-Chicago. After talking to a few people about my Georgetown rejection, I believe the committee review went something like this:

-Application Received
-Open application
-Reviewer: "WTF?"
-Rejected
-Rejection letter:

"After a thorough review of your application, we've decided to reject you. Thanks for your money."

I've been rejected from a few schools: Georgetown, Pritzker, and Vandy. That's all I can remember at this moment, but I'm pretty sure I got rejected at Illinois-Chicago. After talking to a few people about my Georgetown rejection, I believe the committee review went something like this:

-Application Received
-Open application
-Reviewer: "WTF?"
-Rejected
-Rejection letter:

"After a thorough review of your application, we've decided to reject you. Thanks for your money."

Why do you think they WTF'd your application?

I got rejected at UCSD, U of Arizona Phoenix and Washington State. Primary app I had a 3.66c GPA and 3.65sci with 31 MCAT (10PS 10V 11BS). Publication on record and lots of clinical experience and volunteer time. I sent updates a couple weeks ago since by GPA jumped to 3.71c and 3.66s so still waiting to hear from all the other Cali schools. kinda surprised I dont have more rejections or interviews. They are soooo slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.