2009-2010 Grad School Interview Invite Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a letter saying 'thank you for your interest in CW Post.. there were a few hundred applicants and yada yada yada and the due date for applications WAS january 15th and if I want to apply for next year to get an application in September.' I was a little confused. It seemed as if they only got half my application (the online part) and didn't think I handed in my app if they said the due date WAS on the 15th. I drove to CW Post and handed my application packet in to grad admissions. I'm PISSED

A due date is a due date! That doesn't seem very fair. Was it a rejection as well? When did you get that? In my opinion if they want to receive applications in September they should indicate that somewhere, or make that their due date.

I wonder why the different e-mails? If only we knew what was going in their heads?!??!!

Members don't see this ad.

No invites? Oh wow... it's getting that time of the year with decisions and other serious stuff.

P.S. I just noticed you're so close to 1k posts. Congrats! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a letter saying 'thank you for your interest in CW Post.. there were a few hundred applicants and yada yada yada and the due date for applications WAS january 15th and if I want to apply for next year to get an application in September.' I was a little confused. It seemed as if they only got half my application (the online part) and didn't think I handed in my app if they said the due date WAS on the 15th. I drove to CW Post and handed my application packet in to grad admissions. I'm PISSED

I would call and VERY RESPECTFULLY request that they review this case.

I am wondering what the school of thought is regarding canceling interviews if someone gets an offer from their first choice school and knows there is no way that they will go to another school. On the one hand, one would not want to waste faculty members' time and resources, and it would be good to open up a spot for another applicant to potentially be invited. On the other hand, I've heard stories of professors being upset when applicants cancel with very little notice, and it might be unwise to burn bridges, especially if the faculty member is someone that the applicant might want to collaborate with in the future. Thoughts???

I am wondering what the school of thought is regarding canceling interviews if someone gets an offer from their first choice school and knows there is no way that they will go to another school. On the one hand, one would not want to waste faculty members' time and resources, and it would be good to open up a spot for another applicant to potentially be invited. On the other hand, I've heard stories of professors being upset when applicants cancel with very little notice, and it might be unwise to burn bridges, especially if the faculty member is someone that the applicant might want to collaborate with in the future. Thoughts???

If you know that you won't be attending that school, the guidelines state that you should withdraw your name from the applicant pool ASAP. Going on the interview would be a waste of the program's time and resources, your time and resources, and could potentially take an interview space away from someone who is an alternate interview choice.

Just like students, some professors do not react well to rejection. The vast majority, however, will understand that you are doing the ethical thing and following the guidelines--as long as you notify them quickly and don't leave them hanging.

Last edited:
if you know that you won't be attending that school, the guidelines state that you should withdraw your name from the applicant pool asap. Going on the interview would be a waste of the program's time and resources, your time and resources, and could potentially take an interview space away from someone who is an alternate interview choice.

Just like students, some professors do not react well to rejection. The vast majority, however, will understand that you are doing the ethical thing and following the guidelines--as long as you notify them quickly and don't leave them hanging.

+1

Got another interview invite! :D (It's already been posted on the thread though.)

Got another interview invite! :D (It's already been posted on the thread though.)

Congrats! Glad to hear that more are still coming. Would you mind saying where though? Unless the date you received your invite is already listed as well.

No, I don't mind. It is Rosalind Franklin's Clinical Psych PhD

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still hearing from St. John's or has that ship sailed?

Finally got the interview offer I was waiting for. I had all but given up! DU Psy.D for next weekend.. wooohooo!!!

Finally got the interview offer I was waiting for. I had all but given up! DU Psy.D for next weekend.. wooohooo!!!

congratulations!! I had no doubt you would get it. I really think you'll get in.

so i got a weird email from UMKC Clinical program. Basically they said that after the review of the applications, I am one of the select few who will be considered for admission; however, the process won't be complete until April 15th... so are they going to be interviewing or accepting people after THE date? ya'll know what i mean by THE date... that's funky stuff... i sure hope that things are finished by then. what could possibly take that long, honestly!

any of you temple interviewees heard anything recently? I'm dyin' over here. ;)

Still no word from Duquesne, hm? Seems like it could be any day now. I'll just keep checking my email 15x a day I guess.

I'd guess it's a bit early to say. I have a few queries out to oher applicants and have received no replies. Plus somebody here was told Duquesne will be inviting via phone...

Anyone still waiting for Colorado State Counseling PhD?

Got my first acceptance yesterday:D, one more interview next week, and ran into an SDN'er yesterday as well!

Good luck all!

Hi everyone,

I posted this on the Ontario schools forum, but I may as well try here, too. I have a question about the interview process. For Clinical programs, there are usually about 140-150 applicants, and then about 45 people put on a short-list who are interviewed .. and of those, about 10 get in (at least this is my understanding).

If you are short-listed and selected for an interview, what are your chances of getting in? Are they 1/4-5ish, as would be suggested by the numbers above, or does it depend on the number of people your POI is interviewing? Let's say POI is interviewing 3 people... are you only competing with those 3? Or is it possible that, even if the Prof wants to work with you, if the quota is met for the program, he/she may not get that option if other Prof's interviewees are ranked better than you?

I hope that makes some sort of sense.. =/

Just got first acceptance today. I am so grateful to have 1. Hang in there all.:D

Anyone going this weekend to Denver to interview for DU's Clinical Psy.D program? PM me if you want to chat more and perhaps we can get together/exchange info

Has anyone received an invite to the Rutgers Clinical PsyD interview other than through the mass email sent out on February 15th?

Does anyone who interviewed at USF know when we should hear back? On the edge of my seat here.....

Hello all! I was just wondering if anyone here has ever been to or knows how the interview process at Rutgers' PsyD program is like! I interview there on March 1 and I would appreciate any info!!!

Has anyone heard from University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign's Counseling PhD Program?

Anyone hear from Counseling Psychology at SUNY-Albany or Univ. of Notre Dame? Thanks for sharing. :oops:

The faculty had their meeting today to discuss this. You should be hearing very soon.

Did everyone who applied to Columbia - TC clinical program get the email at 12:30am last night for the fellowship application? Hmm, considering I haven't heard a word from them and the interview is tomorrow, I'm thinking that writing an essay for them might be a waste of my time...

Did everyone who applied to Columbia - TC clinical program get the email at 12:30am last night for the fellowship application? Hmm, considering I haven't heard a word from them and the interview is tomorrow, I'm thinking that writing an essay for them might be a waste of my time...

Yes I got the same email! They also did not give us a whole lot of time to do our essays! A March 1st app deadline is very soon I and for one have not started any of my fafsas! Good luck on your interview mine is on Thursday!