2008 Tmdsas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I received by email this morning at 9:10 and it was a mass email sent to "undisclosed-recipients". It also said "check the mail" so a letter will probably be received by those accepted in a few days. Hope this helps

Finally my first acceptance from Houston!!:)

Thanks sas for your reply..
If a mass email, does it mean that all the email were sent out at once at the same time?

I also checked with SA and spoke to 3 people and was told that regular mail is the 'only' method they use to notify acceptance. They said the mails were sent out today early in the morning.. and they posted a list of people accepted in front of the registrars office

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Blissdental, heard the same thing when I called... but Vicarbo says Dr. Thomas called.... I guess we will see....

Also, did anyone hear from their student interviewers?

And does anyone already know what schools they are looking at as first choice?

Holy crap! Still no word from Baylor. Dang it!! I was convinced I would get a first round interview. This is definitely evidence that i got way in over my head with Baylor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scholarships offers would most likely be included in the snail mail packet.

Congrats to all accepted!!!

For Baylor, the scholarship offer was included with the snail mail letter last year. For San Antonio, I received a phone call, with a letter at a later date, sometime after the new year.

Oh, and I almost forgot... CONGRATS to everyone accepted! And to those still waiting, do not give up hope. It is still very early in the game.

looks like i will have to wait for the next batch. do yall want to start a list of who's going/got into where?

Baylor:
UTSA:
UTH:

does anyone have any clue how many letters were sent out today? I wonder if it is going to be like last year where they fill out the class in the first round of acceptances.

p.s. when does a second round go out ?

does anyone have any clue how many letters were sent out today? I wonder if it is going to be like last year where they fill out the class in the first round of acceptances.

p.s. when does a second round go out ?

A good friend of mine interviewed a few years back for all 3 Tx schools and did not hear from any of them until Feb. so hang in there you still have plenty of time. Dr. Miller from Baylor, told me in my interview they will try to fill 2/3 of the class with the first round, so around 50-60 letters. You may want to shoot her an email and ask. Keep your head up and good luck!!

What about Houston? How many did they send out today? Do they fill the whole class?

What about Houston? How many did they send out today? Do they fill the whole class?

Im not sure about the exact number however Dr P did say that Houston would only send out a fraction of acceptances first round and the rest later on.

Do any of yall know what to do if you want to reserve a spot at more than one school till you finalize a decision? The Houston email made it seem like if you replied than you were for sure making an acceptance and the Baylor email didnt say anything at all...

You send both schools money accept the acceptance. When you decide you write them a letter and sometimes you get some of your money back....Good luck everyone. If you go to houston I will see you there!!!

anymore updates from anyone?

anymore updates from anyone?

I found out today from a friend at SA that my name was not on the first round list at San Antonio, my only interview. So I doubt I will be getting in this year because I interviewed so early. Oh well, there is always next year.

Just FYI, they didn't post enough in the first round at SA to fill every spot. So there are spots open for those who applied and interviewed late.

Good luck everyone! And congrats to all those accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out today from a friend at SA that my name was not on the first round list at San Antonio, my only interview. So I doubt I will be getting in this year because I interviewed so early. Oh well, there is always next year.

Just FYI, they didn't post enough in the first round at SA to fill every spot. So there are spots open for those who applied and interviewed late.

You may want to double check with your SA friend since from another second hand info the list had about 120.

120!?!?!? wow, a lot more than I thought would get first round letters. With the shuffling that occurs though, there is always hope for the rest of us. Don't count yourself out yet, shawn-wac

Contacted Baylor by e-mail and they said all first round accpetances have been sent out already and second round will probably be at the end of January once deposits have been made, which is probably when my app would be looked at again. Alternate list will be devised in March.

Contacted San Antonio by e-mail and this is the response I got: "I cannot share information except by mail." Wait I guess.

Still waiting on response from Houston e-mail.

From the sounds of it, it looks like I should be gearing up for next year. It was a nice run. Congrats to everyone and good luck.

Baylor's letter came today and it stated that we had until Jan 15th to accept or decline the invite.

Hey man keep you head up!! I know practically the entire 4th yr class at SA. Not all of them got in 1st round so you have plenty of time. One good friend of mine interviewed at all three schools before Oct 1 and got accepted to all 3 in Feb!! Plenty of time to hear something!!

Good Luck!:luck:

Hey man keep you head up!! I know practically the entire 4th yr class at SA. Not all of them got in 1st round so you have plenty of time. One good friend of mine interviewed at all three schools before Oct 1 and got accepted to all 3 in Feb!! Plenty of time to hear something!!

Good Luck!:luck:

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

I can only hope the entire first round dumps on SA and goes someplace else. I hear Houston and Baylor are both awesome! And to those of you who have invites to SA, but are going elsewhere... feel free to decline this week. It would really make someone's holidays a lot brighter. haha!

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

I can only hope the entire first round dumps on SA and goes someplace else. I hear Houston and Baylor are both awesome! And to those of you who have invites to SA, but are going elsewhere... feel free to decline this week. It would really make someone's holidays a lot brighter. haha!

I agree, but would ask others to decline now for Baylor! Maybe Baylor's just holding out till Christmas so that I can truly say Santa brought me something this year...riiiiiigggghhhhtt.:rolleyes:

i will be declining Baylor and Houston today so that should free up at least two more spaces for someone. Good Luck everyone.

i will be declining Baylor and Houston today so that should free up at least two more spaces for someone. Good Luck everyone.

Good luck at SA. It's a good program!

for those of who didn't get call or email from SA, you should not be worry too much. i called SA and they told me only small percentage of people get call or email. i received a letter monday so you guys will get letters some time this week. i think

for those of you who didnt hear from houston, did you email them to check the status? if so, what did they say?

for those of who didn't get call or email from SA, you should not be worry too much. i called SA and they told me only small percentage of people get call or email. i received a letter monday so you guys will get letters some time this week. i think

The number of calls and e-mails may have been small but keep in mind that there were 120 names on the list of those accepted in SA.

see http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=474264

did anyone's file change/get updated on tmdsas? mine hasn't been updated in a while...

did anyone's file change/get updated on tmdsas? mine hasn't been updated in a while...

What do you mean? Did you submit anything new to TMDSAS or submit late?

Hey all.. I just got an invite for SA. Anyone know about how many spots they have left, and when second round of invites goes out. Anyone else have one for Jan. 7th?

for those of you who didnt hear from houston, did you email them to check the status? if so, what did they say?

I called them today , and they said that "your file is under review, until you hear from us." She did not even ask for my SSN or name. She was not very nice, maybe just got tired of people calling and asking :(

when do second round letters go out?

when do second round letters go out?

I just interviewed at SA this past Monday and they said that after Dec. 1st its rolling admissions, so we could be notified as soon as 10 days or up to 4 months. It just depends where you rank. So for SA there are no more "rounds," they just send acceptances out as seats become available. I'm sure this is similar for other schools as well.

I just interviewed at SA this past Monday and they said that after Dec. 1st its rolling admissions, so we could be notified as soon as 10 days or up to 4 months. It just depends where you rank. So for SA there are no more "rounds," they just send acceptances out as seats become available. I'm sure this is similar for other schools as well.

Who did you interview with?

So apparently Baylor is not going to be sending out more acceptances this year. I've heard that they will most likely fill their seats with the 1st round acceptances; a few alternates are the only exception...ugghhh!!! Needless to say, I think that this whole situation is really crappy!

Who did you interview with?

I interviewed with Dr. Schwartz and Seth (D4). (Seth is actually going Pedo I believe). Dr. Thomas was the one that mentioned it was rolling admission though after Dec. 1st.

So apparently Baylor is not going to be sending out more acceptances this year. I've heard that they will most likely fill their seats with the 1st round acceptances; a few alternates are the only exception...ugghhh!!! Needless to say, I think that this whole situation is really crappy!

i would have thought san antonio would be doing this since it was said that they over accepted this year (i think), i guess baylor is too. i kinda wish they would just send me their rejection letters to put me out of my misery..lol. I KNOW ur going to get in somewhere denticus, its just a matter of time for you. Good luck to you. :thumbup:

i would have thought san antonio would be doing this since it was said that they over accepted this year (i think), i guess baylor is too. i kinda wish they would just send me their rejection letters to put me out of my misery..lol. I KNOW ur going to get in somewhere denticus, its just a matter of time for you. Good luck to you. :thumbup:

Thanks, I sure hope that you're right. I've been living outside of Texas for like 7 years now and so I think that that is one of the main reasons why they (not only Baylor but San Antonio and Houston as well) would not even consider me, notwithstanding my Texas residency. So sad....

does anybody know what the admissions status is at the texas schools?

am i correct to believe that Baylor and San Antonio are booked and Houston isnt?

when is houston sending out the next round?

i dont think any of the dental schools are booked solid. houston sent me an email on the 11th asking if was going to accept the spot. they wanted to know because as she put it "they are getting ready to send out more acceptances." so i'm guessing they either sent these out last week or this week...

thanks for the info. I think the second round went out on Jan 14th. I know at the interviews the deans asked us not to email them about application status, but I am starting to get very impatient. I haven't emailed them yet because A.) I don't want to annoy them/get on their bad side and B.) Others have already emailed them, bugging them about their status

What do yall think about emailing them? Do you think it's good because it shows that the applicant cares about their status or do you think it is bad to email them because they already asked us not to and because they get 50 annoying emails/day askign the same thing?

i dont think any of the dental schools are booked solid. houston sent me an email on the 11th asking if was going to accept the spot. they wanted to know because as she put it "they are getting ready to send out more acceptances." so i'm guessing they either sent these out last week or this week...

Actually, I got an email from Baylor last week telling me that they don't anticipate sending out 2nd round acceptances because so many people decided to go their from the first round. However, there will definitely be those who drop out at the last minute or who fail to deposit so you never know. I have given up though for what it's worth.

Actually, I got an email from Baylor last week telling me that they don't anticipate sending out 2nd round acceptances because so many people decided to go their from the first round. However, there will definitely be those who drop out at the last minute or who fail to deposit so you never know. I have given up though for what it's worth.

First of all, Congratulations!! I see that you got accepted today. :)

And well...looks like I have to wait until they make a waitlist...

Congrats denticus on your Tufts acceptance!! Man Texas is getting crazy competitive.

Thanks, I sure hope that you're right. I've been living outside of Texas for like 7 years now and so I think that that is one of the main reasons why they (not only Baylor but San Antonio and Houston as well) would not even consider me, notwithstanding my Texas residency. So sad....

Is this true? I will only have lived in Tx for 1.5 years when I apply. I've got residency here now, but will they seriously not consider my app?