2008/2009 Cycle Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Akiramay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has gotten accepted to a PT program, post here! Share your happiness. =)

I got a call from Northwestern University on Tuesday and was accepted! I'm waiting to hear back from the other schools I applied to, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about not getting in anywhere anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

12/3
Accepted: USC
Application sent in around early November

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I also got a phone call from Northwestern on Tuesday night!! I haven't heard from anywhere else yet though. I have several interviews set up over the next month or so though so i'll just have to wait and see. its such a sense of relief, knowing that no matter what, I'm going to PT school next year.

just got an acceptance letter from Hunter this evening (12/5)!!!

(Applied Oct 29 - Interviewed Nov 18)

That's fantastic! Hunter is a great program and not expensive! Mind to post your stats?

Thanks. I'm pretty excited.

My stats are:
Undergrad GPA (in liberal arts/writing with absolutely no science classes): 3.5
Postbac GPA (all the science prereqs, not including A&P I&II and Organic Chem, which I'm still finishing): 4.0
GRE: 640 verbal, 730 math, 5.0 writing
Currently finishing A&P and Orgo at Hunter College
Did have to show 1 psych course I took as an undergrad with 'C' grade, but other psych requirement had 'A'
about 450 hours working at private clinic, 50 hours volunteering at a hospital

Good luck to everyone.

12/9 Accepted: Chatham University:D

I can now add Touro and Rosalind Franklin to the list of schools that accepted me...I am interviewing at Midwestern University tomorrow.

Accepted to USC on 12/10/08, today!

Accepted to Azusa Pacific about 1 month ago

Still waiting for UCSF!!!

..good luck to everyone

Hey guys, I just heard back from USC and got accepted yesterday! I have an interview this week too at Midwestern University, so smiley1, if you can remember any of the questions they asked you, it would really help me out. Congrats to all of you guys!

Congrats to all !!!

Q for the people accepted by USC, when did you guys interview or was it a straight acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can now add Touro and Rosalind Franklin to the list of schools that accepted me...I am interviewing at Midwestern University tomorrow.
I applied to Rosalind and Midwestern but have yet to hear back from them. They sent me emails saying when my application was complete and that they would start reviewing it. Mind telling me when you received their emails? It'll give me an idea if they just haven't gotten to my application or they just don't want me to interview, at least yet. XP

I got an email from them about a month ago telling me that I was invited to interview. In order to schedule a date I had to sign up on their website and choose a day. Originally, the only day they offered me didn't work with my schedule, so they told me when next few dates of interviewing were and I scheduled one that fit. I believe they said that they were half way through all of the interview days that they offer.
As for the interview itself, there were 12 ppl there on the same day as me. We each interviewed one at a time. The interview wasn't bad. She asked me about why I want to be a PT, my views on direct access, how I would balance my academic workload. I can't remember anything else right now but I'll update if I think of anything else...
Good luck!!

12/23-unofficial to Hunter!

(anyone gone/going there? opinions? Especially concerning research opportunities?)

Good luck to everyone!

I've been accepted at Northwestern and Wash U so far!

Congrats everyone! ^_^

@Diane09: Ooh, are you going to Northwestern's tour/open house on Jan 9/10th? I can't wait!

Been accepted to the DPT programs at Northeastern and Quinnipiac...most likely going to Northeastern..also in at UConn and UVM but those aren't the DPT program, just undergrad in bio

Hey I have some questions.
i thought theprogram was for graduate students.
Also can Organic chem 1 be substituted for general chem 1?
(I think I should give them a call, they only accept "Essential of organic chemitry, not ochem itself.)

To take O-Chem you have to first take G-Chem. Unless you got a 5 on ur AP exam and were got G-Chem Waived.

Some schools say you need to take Pre-Medical level classes, and those school will accept O-Chem as it is a pre-med level class.

All in all it's up to the school, so call and find out.

Hey I have some questions.
i thought theprogram was for graduate students.
Also can Organic chem 1 be substituted for general chem 1?
(I think I should give them a call, they only accept "Essential of organic chemitry, not ochem itself.)

Applied 9/12, accepted on 11/28:D

Hey Congrats! I got accepted at Dominican College, NY. Dying to get accepted to OU or WSU. I think you applied for early admissions at OU. I applied after October 15th cuz I was waiting for my GRE scores.
How was ur interview? Did they tell you how many students they have accepted so far?

curious to know ur stats. if u dont mind

Hey Congrats! I got accepted at Dominican College, NY. Dying to get accepted to OU or WSU. I think you applied for early admissions at OU. I applied after October 15th cuz I was waiting for my GRE scores.
How was ur interview? Did they tell you how many students they have accepted so far?

It was suppose to be 2 weeks after the interview/ end of jan via Email or Phone call. End of month/ early Feb via Snail Mail. BTW when did you interview @ UMD? Mine was on the 5th 2nd session.

Congratulations! But I was told that they'll contact us about admission only by the end of the month.

NICE! Congrats! When did you interview and how did you find out?

I interviewed on 1/5, second session. And I found out yesterday via phone call from the faculty member that interviewed me.

Congratulations! But I was told that they'll contact us about admission only by the end of the month.

Yeah, I was surprised they got back to me so quickly and via phone call. The faculty member that called said she had JUST gotten out of the admissions meeting they had so I'm sure others will be getting calls shortly. Or, I wonder if I got a call because I sent a thank you letter to her and put my contact info at the bottom (the first thing she said was thank you for the thank you card). I have a friend who is currently a 2nd year in the program and he said he never got a phone call, just snail mail acceptance letter.

Good stuff congrats once again!

I interviewed on 1/5, second session. And I found out yesterday via phone call from the faculty member that interviewed me.

Yeah, I was surprised they got back to me so quickly and via phone call. The faculty member that called said she had JUST gotten out of the admissions meeting they had so I'm sure others will be getting calls shortly. Or, I wonder if I got a call because I sent a thank you letter to her and put my contact info at the bottom (the first thing she said was thank you for the thank you card). I have a friend who is currently a 2nd year in the program and he said he never got a phone call, just snail mail acceptance letter.

It was suppose to be 2 weeks after the interview/ end of jan via Email or Phone call. End of month/ early Feb via Snail Mail. BTW when did you interview @ UMD? Mine was on the 5th 2nd session.

I was interviewed on 1/6, morning session. They said at the end of the month they'll either call, sent letter or e-mail.

2 weeks after transpires to almost end of month, so yeah they might have said different words but meant the same time frame... I AM SOOOOOOO NERVOUS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I was interviewed on 1/6, morning session. They said at the end of the month they'll either call, sent letter or e-mail.

I am nervous to hear back too! I hope it's soon! :)

Accepted 1/14 UMDNJ Newark!!!! :D
Congrats PTea!

Should we have a rejection thread? I was already rejected by SUNY Upstate and LIU!:(

Anyway, I'm surprised I still haven't heard from Hunters and UMDNJ!

Don't worry Ukraine. Something will work out.

Should we have a rejection thread? I was already rejected by SUNY Upstate and LIU!:(

Aw, we don't need a rejection thread. That'd be depressing.

I'm sure you will hear good news from those two schools soon!

I am in a similar boat as you...:scared:

I got rejected from Touro, but they had contacted me about an outstanding grade they were waiting on, and with in 2 or 3 days I got the rejection snail mail letter. (1/17)

I am waiting for a response from UMD Newark, and Stratford, and then will soon be waiting for NYIT as my interview with him is tomorrow.

NO word as of yet from USC, Temple, Sacred Heart Univ.

Lastly I am still contemplaing on finishing my application for Seton Hall, and IF is should go there for OT or P.

Last edited:
In general, what would be the approximate time it takes after an interview to hear back from schools?

If it's not a problem... for everyone who was accepted, would you be willing to post up your stats from undergrad?

I'm an undergrad right now, trying my best to do well as a Bio Major. I would ideally love to apply and get into all of the schools mentioned on this thread.

and Congrats & goodluck to all!

If it's not a problem... for everyone who was accepted, would you be willing to post up your stats from undergrad?

I'm an undergrad right now, trying my best to do well as a Bio Major. I would ideally love to apply and get into all of the schools mentioned on this thread.

and Congrats & goodluck to all!

There is a sticky thread for this already. First thread of the PT forum or click here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=427018