2007dental school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumanreddivari

cozyspirit
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
out of this site

Members don't see this ad.

sumanreddivari said:
since almost all dental college admissions r done for this yr am starting a thread for 2007 applicants. we can share details regarding application procedure , compare scores,prepare for part2, get info on stupid things like travel n boarding .....well its too early to start this thread ,but not pointless.lets see how it goes..
suman

hey count me in. i jus started gathering info coz i gave my exam on 9th june.

rekhamadhuri said:
hey count me in. i jus started gathering info coz i gave my exam on 9th june.

Even I am starting my admission procedure. What does official transcript mean? Does that mean ECE evaluation is enough?
I have another question? Is there any place where we can prepare for the practical exams other than duggans?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends!
Looks like a very useful thread
Even I just started with the application procedures.
I am just wondering if someone knows the list of colleges which accept F 1 students and also takes only part 1 score+ 2 yrs program.
Pls post it.
I really appriciate your help

Chhers!
Rajjos

rajjos77 said:
Hi friends!
I am just wondering if someone knows the list of colleges which accept F 1 students and also takes only part 1 score+ 2 yrs program.
Pls post it.

Chhers!
Rajjos

You can find the information here
http://ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us.asp

sumanreddivari said:
well dont know exact list , theres some weird colleges with takes students if their students fail in 1st yr.
and rekha wats ur score.
suman

hi,
my score is 92% wat abt u. is it enough if we can get our transcripts from the university which we graduated but i have been hearing something like notarized copies. what r they. how far r u guys in applying..i must start from tomorrow..do post any info in this thread...

Hi,
I did some research on some CA schools. I think, only UOP accepts notarized copies of transcripts and even the ECE report, NBDE score, and TOEFL score.
Rest of the univerities like UCSF, UCLA and USC ( I know only about these many) accepts only official score report send directly by the perticular oragnizations( like ADA, ETS etc)
But, these universities accept official as well as notarized copy of transcripts.
I think, it is better to get official copy from India as it works cheaper. Because, notary is minimum $ 5-10 per sheet, I guess.

rajjos77 said:
Hi,
I did some research on some CA schools. I think, only UOP accepts notarized copies of transcripts and even the ECE report, NBDE score, and TOEFL score.
Rest of the univerities like UCSF, UCLA and USC ( I know only about these many) accepts only official score report send directly by the perticular oragnizations( like ADA, ETS etc)
But, these universities accept official as well as notarized copy of transcripts.
I think, it is better to get official copy from India as it works cheaper. Because, notary is minimum $ 5-10 per sheet, I guess.

How do you get an official transcript for all the schools from India?

rajjos77 said:
Hi,

well it's a good thread to start & help students applying in next colleges...... n for notarized copy i think u can get it free here if u have an account in any bank ....check ur bank yaar should get it for free !!!!!!!

compsongs said:
How do you get an official transcript for all the schools from India?

You have to request your university (not college) to get your official transcripts. They charge you for each set of transcripts. It is better if you have someone in your home country to this job for you. Because if you ask the univerisity people to send it will be expensive again, I guess. My mother-in-law is doing the job for me!!!!
One more thing, you should send the application(requesting for officail transcripts) signed. You should be able to download the form from your university web page.

Hi,
I do not think that it is true. I checked my bank (BOA) they said NO. May be it is true in your city or state. I am in CA

rajjos77 said:
Hi,
I do not think that it is true. I checked my bank (BOA) they said NO. May be it is true in your city or state. I am in CA
hey rajjos are u sure we need transcripts only from university and not from college,,,coz i thought may be college transcripts will work out,,i have all my certificates signed and sealed by my principal,,,plzzzz answer soon i am really tensed,,,if its so may be i shd do something soon abt it,,coz i dont have any relatives in b'lore...goshhhh its a big problem for me,,,, :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Sweetgal,
I am sorry to trouble you.
Many universities accept trancripts signed and sealed by college or by university., but a few of them accept given by the univerity only.
I thought, it is always better to get it from the univeristy.
Relax now!!

rajjos77 said:
Hi Sweetgal,
I am sorry to trouble you.
Many universities accept trancripts signed and sealed by college or by university., but a few of them accept given by the univerity only.
I thought, it is always better to get it from the univeristy.
Relax now!!

hi any body out there are getting official transcripts from Tamilnadu Dr. MGR medical university. if so plz let me know

my part 1 score is 82 do you think is there any school that will accept :)

Transcripts 4m College or univ, both will do, Notarized photcopies will do, you can't ask your colleges for lots of copies. Anyway more important is your course by course evaluation report by ECE or other agencies, the dental schools look at this rather than your college trancripts, becoz this is the american conversion for them. Nice thread
:)

hi everyone...wow this a a really helpful thred......i m also planning to apply 4 the 2007 admissions....jus done some research abt the east coast schools...

arti jain said:
hi everyone...wow this a a really helpful thred......i m also planning to apply 4 the 2007 admissions....jus done some research abt the east coast schools...

Some schools are asking for official sealed transcripts. Do we need to notarise each year's transcript? Then it is going to be very expensive

sumanreddivari said:
from mgr too ,rekha. i dont think we need to take transcripts from there, notarisied copies should do
suman
which college r u from

hi,
i am from balaji, how about u. And were r u getting the notarized copies done..plz do let me know
Rekha

Hey guys..don'tworry..I think notarized copies will do the job in most of the schools.
I got accepted in BU & I have submitted only notarized copies ..that too issued by my Indian dental college(not directly from the univ.).

rajjos77 said:
Hi,

Hi,,

u need not spend so much to get u r transcripts notarised, go to your nearest bank and all most all the banks here (I mean in US) have a certified person to do the job and they do it free of cost.

dentistksk said:
Hi,,

u need not spend so much to get u r transcripts notarised, go to your nearest bank and all most all the banks here (I mean in US) have a certified person to do the job and they do it free of cost.

Can we notarise copies from India? What about the practical exam during interviews? How are evryone practicing for it? Does anyone know any places(other than duggans) which teach?

Last edited:
rajjos77 said:
Hi friends!
Pls post it.

Chhers!
Rajjos

hi i am gonna write my part 1 in sept.do ya know which collages would be open at that time and one more thing i want to know is that how much u used to score in asda papers before u went to take the paper.
thankx.
take care.

hi suman, rekha n others...

i also plan to apply for 2007....my part 1 score is 89, looking for east coast colleges...can u tell me which ones to apply first...like when are the deadlines for east coast coll?

i have to take my toefl and part 2 yet....

pls respond.thanks.

preetha said:
hi suman, rekha n others...

i also plan to apply for 2007....my part 1 score is 89, looking for east coast colleges...can u tell me which ones to apply first...like when are the deadlines for east coast coll?

i have to take my toefl and part 2 yet....

pls respond.thanks.

hi,
look into the university websites for requirements & application deadline & fee structure.here is the website were u can get the contact info for the universities http://ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us.asp. hope this helps

rajjos77 said:
Hi,

well i got all my papers notarized at my bank in FL hich i used at apllying to FL college n got an interview invitation also n i think VYSTAR Credit union is the same every where ....... anyways still u can ask a bank clark to do it for u showing him the originals

Pheonix said:
Hey guys..don'tworry..I think notarized copies will do the job in most of the schools.
I got accepted in BU & I have submitted only notarized copies ..that too issued by my Indian dental college(not directly from the univ.).
hi
i have a question , is it necessary to have sealed transcripts from ur college or unvi?
can i just get all my copies notarised
planin to apply this yr (for 2007)
i just want to be prepared ,though havent got my results yet.

hi
i just got my score for part1 today(83%)
is it good enough to get into any school? or do i have to write it again?
do i have time to write it again? because i was planning on admission next year
any hope?
ksr

ksr said:
hi
i just got my score for part1 today(83%)
is it good enough to get into any school? or do i have to write it again?
do i have time to write it again? because i was planning on admission next year
any hope?
ksr
Well, I took Part 1 in Dec05 first time and got 79% (A-78,Bio-76,MP-80,DA-81). At that time I only prepared for MP and DA.
Now, I took it again on Jun8th and got 83% (A-79,Bio-88,MP-84,DA-81). I really prepared well and have been scoring 90-95+ in practice exams. I totally depressed.. :( Dunno what to do now. I dunno what I did wrong.. Took toefl and waiting for result.
My hub helped in preparing the list of all schools (31 I think from ada website) that accept international trained dentists (into their advanced standing program). We compiled other info for each school, like app fee, total fees, deadline for application, program start date, direct web link, other conditions etc.. Please don't ask "just" for that info :mad: .. I really want to get into school for 2007. I don't have GC yet.. Any suggestions?
ksr

ksr said:
Well, I took Part 1 in Dec05 first time and got 79% (A-78,Bio-76,MP-80,DA-81). At that time I only prepared for MP and DA.
Now, I took it again on Jun8th and got 83% (A-79,Bio-88,MP-84,DA-81). I really prepared well and have been scoring 90-95+ in practice exams. I totally depressed.. :( Dunno what to do now. I dunno what I did wrong.. Took toefl and waiting for result.
My hub helped in preparing the list of all schools (31 I think from ada website) that accept international trained dentists (into their advanced standing program). We compiled other info for each school, like app fee, total fees, deadline for application, program start date, direct web link, other conditions etc.. Please don't ask "just" for that info :mad: .. I really want to get into school for 2007. I don't have GC yet.. Any suggestions?
ksr
improve ur score or hope for a miracle to happen , i havent got any interview lately with score of 86 with 10 yrs of experience in dentistry , i am not discouraging u in anyway just a friendly advise based on my experience .
one question for you ?r u from india? if so definitely .

Yes ...as far as I know , the notarized photocopies are enough.
reshfriends said:
hi
i have a question , is it necessary to have sealed transcripts from ur college or unvi?
can i just get all my copies notarised
planin to apply this yr (for 2007)
i just want to be prepared ,though havent got my results yet.

I've got 98 in nbde part 1 but no part 2, and everybody says i should go to a school that offers the best package in terms of quality, duration of the program and cost of attending.

I really have a hard time finding out what is the best deal out there...
I would really appreciate any input that would help me decide where to go...

thanks a lot!!!!! :) :)

confi-dent said:
I've got 98 in nbde part 1 but no part 2, and everybody says i should go to a school that offers the best package in terms of quality, duration of the program and cost of attending.

What a score!!!

How did you get that score?

Decks, asda questions and Qbank? Any other materials?

Planning to retake coming November!!

hi friends,,,i had a query regarding nyu,,,i was going thru their website,,in some corner its written that the batch entering in 2007 have to do one yr mandatory residency or post doc program to get the licence,,,can somebody throw some light on it,,,coz nyu is already 3yrs,,and another one yr doing residency and all,,,its gonna be tough guys,,

This is only for those applicants who want to practice only in New york state, after 3 year NYU course. if you want to practice in other state, then you dont have to do 1 year residency.This is the new rule announced by New york state board.

sweetgal said:
hi friends,,,i had a query regarding nyu,,,i was going thru their website,,in some corner its written that the batch entering in 2007 have to do one yr mandatory residency or post doc program to get the licence,,,can somebody throw some light on it,,,coz nyu is already 3yrs,,and another one yr doing residency and all,,,its gonna be tough guys,,

Hi everybody ,
I would like to join you all. I'll be applying too..for 2007.

apli said:
Hi everybody ,
I would like to join you all. I'll be applying too..for 2007.
hey apli,,u got ur scores????plzzz share ur stats

sweetgal said:
hey apli,,u got ur scores????plzzz share ur stats
hi,
anatomy 90
phsio bio 91
micro path 96
DA 99
average 94
TOEFL yet to give GPA 3.4

hey ppl

me too applying for 2007....

hi apli,,,congratulations,,,check ur pm,,
vpg,,what r ur stats,,,and what schools are u guys planning for,,plz specify

hi guys,,i had a doubt,,actually i am on h4 and my green card in under process,,and my visa is getting expired in october,,but applied for extension,,do i need to attach a letter from my hubby's employer explaining whole situation,,or is it ok ,,,does alll these matter,,coz i think we need to attach a copy of passport and I-94,,,pllzzz help,,confused :confused:

confi-dent said:

confi-dent....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!yeah sure you are confident :cool: , to be getting this kind of score.Never even heard of someone getting it...you just gave me "goosebumps" :eek: .What did you you read to get this score & for how long did you study????
Just too curious you know. :idea:
Don't worry.....don't loose youe sleep over NDB2....not reqd.

:)
docapd said:
confi-dent....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!yeah sure you are confident :cool: , to be getting this kind of score.Never even heard of someone getting it...you just gave me "goosebumps" :eek: .What did you you read to get this score & for how long did you study????
Just too curious you know. :idea:
Don't worry.....don't loose youe sleep over NDB2....not reqd.

I studied for one year and went 4 times over decks, 4 times over kaplan book and once over the released. Also, for anatomy I new from cover to cover the "anatomy made ridiculously simple"- very good source. I guess that neuroanatomy part from kaplan is a must, you have to memorize the text to be able to make the conections and identify the corect answer in the exam. My opinion is that you shlould repeat all this material as many times as you can and you will do very good. good luck! :)