2006 For Us !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akmount

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Friends,

I wanted to post what I was thinking today for coming year.

Many of us, of course inlcluding me, didn't get many much awaited and much expected interview calls in 2005 and some are still waiting for 1-2 applications. But the thing is where are the things going?

Again new reco letters from India, again applying to schools where we can, waiting for interview calls, calling schools to check on status of applications, and like this many agains.

No please don't take me wrong. I am not being pessimistic. But I am really feeling very much uncertainty now. I will apply in most of the schools. Every school is getting more than 400-500 applications and they know we will do everthing to get in to school. This is the only reason NYU, UPENN will now take ECE. an I know thing will change more.

I am little bit tensed today. :( God help us !

Members don't see this ad.

akmount said:
Hey Friends,

I wanted to post what I was thinking today for coming year,

Many of us including me didn't get many interview call in 2005 or still waiting for 1-2 applications. But the thing is where are the things going?
Again new reco letters from India again apply in all schools where we can and again waiting for interview call and again calling schools for the status of applications. and like this many again.

No please don't take me wrong. I am not being pessimistic. But I am really feeling very much uncertainty now. I will apply in most of the schools. Every school is getting more than 400-500 applications and they know we will do everthing to get in to school. This is the only reason NYU, UPENN will now take ECE. an I know thing will change more.

I know...I hear ya. We're all in the same boat....if that's of any consolation to ya.

akmount said:
Hey Friends,

I wanted to post what I was thinking today for coming year.

Many of us, of course inlcluding me, didn't get many much awaited and much expected interview calls in 2005 and some are still waiting for 1-2 applications. But the thing is where are the things going?

Again new reco letters from India, again applying to schools where we can, waiting for interview calls, calling schools to check on status of applications, and like this many agains.

Don't worry. There are plenty of us in the same boat. We just have to be determined to do what we want to do. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
g3k said:
Don't worry. There are plenty of us in the same boat. We just have to be determined to do what we want to do. :)

Thanks g3k and cheer_up. Yeah thats true we are in same boat and we have to keep our sprit high.

Hello SDNites,
Do not loose hope...Very Advanced Standing Applicant has his/her share of misfortunes. Thinks of ways to make your resume look more strong for the comming year applications. Try do some voluntary work as a dental assistant or as a observer in a dental clinic, or improve your score, etc. In addition as interview is a very essential part of the selection process, be prepared and improve your interview skills (scores help you to get an interview, but if you impress in your interview you will surely get selected)
Praveen

hai all
join me in too,i'm in the same boat too,sailing since 2yrs,never docking anywhere :mad:
its tough 2get recent recos too from india,already got rejection from 2schools upenn,umn.waiting on 2 applications :scared:
even i'm fingers crossed to know how 2006 is going to b for me,another yr of waiting.

Hi profile 76,

Yeah we understand, sometimes its hard to recollect yourself and restart all the things again. but we have to do that.
keep it up. don't loose faith in urself.

profile76 said:
hai all
join me in too,i'm in the same boat too,sailing since 2yrs,never docking anywhere :mad:
its tough 2get recent recos too from india,already got rejection from 2schools upenn,umn.waiting on 2 applications :scared:
even i'm fingers crossed to know how 2006 is going to b for me,another yr of waiting.