2006 COMLEX scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delicatefade

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard any updates/rumors on when they will get around to releasing the COMLEX scores from this year??? I've heard anywhere from August-October. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I was talking with student affairs at LECOM and she said she just got back from a meeting about the scores...she said it's more like nov/dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I only posted what I heard from student affairs. All I know is that my comlex 2 score won't take that long!

HunterGatherer said:
Is this an issue every year?

Getting **** on from time to time for going the DO route? Yeah, that happens pretty much every year.
The scapegoat here is with the computerized testing-- but why NBOME needs all of May, June and Julyscores to standardize the scores is beyond me. If the October/November thing is true that sucks seriously for a lot of students.
Here's why--At my school, and I'm assuming its the same for most others, if you fail, you leave rotations and lose out on any time invested in said rotation. You retest ASAP and go back to rotating until those scores are released. Obviously, had the NBOME been on top of things and gottent he scores out in July (or at least by NOW) this could prevent a lot of people from getting seriously screwed over. Getting the scores out in a REASONABLE amount of time would allow those that may fail time to retake BEFORE rotations start. Furthermore, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be retaking boards 4-5 months post-boards and trying to re-learn/refresh everything in a week's time. I am thankful that I took the USMLE and got my score from it back already.... I cannot imagine agonizing over something like this if I had no clue how to gauge my board performance on anything other than gut feeling post-test.

This is absolutely disgusting. I can't beleive how ridiculous this situation is becoming. The least NBOME could do is put out a tentative timeline for when the scores will be released. It seems like everyone hears something different from them and it's maddening to sit here and worry about passing this thing.

If what the previous poster said was true, and we are now looking at late Nov/Dec for scores, then how in the hell are we supposed to study for this thing again if we fail? It will be almost 6 months since the end of 2nd year! I am so, so sick of everything involving the AOA/NBOME feeling so hokey and amateurish.

Anyone talked to NBOME lately?

Members don't see this ad :)
(nicedream) said:
Honest question. What's the pass rate?
According to DMU's FAQ:
"What are the board pass rates for COM?

The pass rate for DMU students taking Part 1 of COMLEX for the first time in June of 2004 was 96%. The national average for that year was 90%. "

To clarify, I'm not a DMU student, but this was one of the first sites google gave me for "COMLEX pass rate."

SargonZ said:
According to DMU's FAQ:

The pass rate for DMU students taking Part 1 of COMLEX for the first time in June of 2004 was 96%. The national average for that year was 90%. "

To clarify, I'm not a DMU student, but this was one of the first sites google gave me for "COMLEX pass rate."

Interesting, a lower rate than US MD students have on the USMLE.

plenty of people fail it, especially at my school. We've had an abysmal pass rate for the past couple of years and frankly, it's been scaring me to death since I took the exam. I don't know...that is, I don't know if there is some problem with our curriculum, or if we are held to lower standards than other schools, or what. Maybe we just had a few classes of slackers.

What I do know is that this wait is driving me crazy. I felt very uneasy coming out of the exam, and I don't know what to think. There were alot of questions which I knew, and then very many that I had no clue. Sometimes a few days go by and I hardly think about it, then other times I can get so anxious and depressed that I'm almost sure I failed. It just seems like torture for the NBOME to mke us wait so long. What scares me the most is thinking of the disruption to my schedule that a failure will cause, seeing how it is going to be so late in the year when we finally get our scores.

Villiers said:
plenty of people fail it, especially at my school. We've had an abysmal pass rate for the past couple of years and frankly, it's been scaring me to death since I took the exam. I don't know...that is, I don't know if there is some problem with our curriculum, or if we are held to lower standards than other schools, or what. Maybe we just had a few classes of slackers.

What I do know is that this wait is driving me crazy. I felt very uneasy coming out of the exam, and I don't know what to think. There were alot of questions which I knew, and then very many that I had no clue. Sometimes a few days go by and I hardly think about it, then other times I can get so anxious and depressed that I'm almost sure I failed. It just seems like torture for the NBOME to mke us wait so long. What scares me the most is thinking of the disruption to my schedule that a failure will cause, seeing how it is going to be so late in the year when we finally get our scores.

Dont worry I am sure you passed. What resources did you use to study for your test? Did you feel the your study sources/books helped you to answer many of the questions on the test?

SargonZ said:
According to DMU's FAQ:

The previous pass rates for COMLEX Step 1 at my school (OSU-COM) have been 100% in 2004 and 99% in 2005.

It isn't as malicious as you would think. This is the first computerized exam therefore they don't have the statistics up to fairly give out test scores until that have a high enough power (And you thought only MDs needed to know that crap). Since every test is somewhat unique difficulty that cannot give you a blanket grade until they compare with other test takers. That is what they told me anyways. Take it as you will.

delicatefade said:
Well, the word on the street from our Dean's office says Sept 1 (on or about).

I emailed the NBOME and they said that "scores will be released in late September or early October"

Unbelieveable...

I don't know what to think anymore. People on here claim to have heard from the NBOME that it will be anywhere from Sept-Dec and my Dean's office claims that the NBOME told them Sept 1....

WTF???? I just checked the NBOME website and my Step 1 score was posted, but then when I went back it wasn't...

osucomdustin said:
WTF???? I just checked the NBOME website and my Step 1 score was posted, but then when I went back it wasn't...
When did you take the test.

osucomdustin said:

Are you serious? I check the site for updates obsessively and have yet to find anything other than a few broken links.

delicatefade said:
I took mine May 31 and my scores are not up.
Some Schools have the scores last Friday. Check with your med edu office on Monday.

Angel said:
When did you take the test.

I took the test on June 28th. The following info was listed: test form, date I took the test, my NBOME number, my two digit and three digit score...

I looked at the nbome again today and the info wasn't there. I have no idea how I was able to see my scores, all I can figure is that they were upgrading the system and momentarily posted the scores online.

This is a copy of the e-mail my school sent us friday.

"There has been a glitch in the NBOME web site reporting of board scores. Official results will not be released, according to the NBOME, until the end of September, first of October.

Hang in there."

osucomdustin said:
I took the test on June 28th. The following info was listed: test form, date I took the test, my NBOME number, my two digit and three digit score...

I looked at the nbome again today and the info wasn't there. I have no idea how I was able to see my scores, all I can figure is that they were upgrading the system and momentarily posted the scores online.

This is absolutely absurd.

Of course, how could we expect a website with so many broken links to not have a glitch?

Hey NBOME, HOW ABOUT UPDATING THE WEBSITE WITH SOME NEWS, HUH?? :eek:

Shodddy18 said:
this is so frustrating :scared: :mad:
I just checked the NBOME website and this it what it says:

"Comlex Level 1 CBT scores for May 2006 have been released. All remaining Level 1 candidate scores are expected to be released in the next few weeks in the order of the test administrations."

So hopefully this isn't also a glitch...

Don't most schools have a rule that if you fail step 1 you have 60 days to retake it or you cannot continue into rotations. My question is if they won't tell you your scores unti October this could really screw up your rotation schedule!!?

BMW-

HoodyHoo said:
I just checked the NBOME website and this it what it says:

"Comlex Level 1 CBT scores for May 2006 have been released. All remaining Level 1 candidate scores are expected to be released in the next few weeks in the order of the test administrations."

So hopefully this isn't also a glitch...

I took it May 31st and got em today. Time for some cocktails!!! :D

delicatefade said:
Got a call from a classmate last night. Logged into NBOME and my scores were posted. Took the exam May 31.

Took mine May 26th got my scores yesterday!

That is a heck of a weight off my chest! Best of luck to the rest of you still waiting for your scores!

I know my school UNECOM want's a passing score in the books for students by December 1st traditionally or you are off rotations. In the past that gave people enough time to take the exam the first time and retake it if they failed and get their score back. It's not looking like that's going to happen this year though. :(

I know my school UNECOM want's a passing score in the books for students by December 1st traditionally or you are off rotations. In the past that gave people enough time to take the exam the first time and retake it if they failed and get their score back. It's not looking like that's going to happen this year though. :(

At DMU if you fail rotations, you get taken off of them immediately and cannot resume rotations until you pass Step 1. I believe you do not get credit for any rotations completed before passing boards.

OK, so the may scores were released 2 weeks ago. What in the H is the nbome doing down there that it takes this additional time to get out the june scores? Are we going to have to wait until the september, October admins of the test to get our results? I mean it's been 3 months. sorry, just a little :mad:. anyone heard any news?

ignore the above poster, my scores were posted about 20 minutes ago.

From NBOME site:

"COMLEX Scores Released

COMLEX USA Level 1 CBT scores for June 2006 have been released."