2005 Secondary Thread part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start one so we don't have 8 million scattered ones. Please try to stick to just giving the info, no tangents.

How about:

School Name
Date Secondary Received and method (mail, email)
Date AMCAS app was processed

Members don't see this ad.

Georgtown Secondary recieved today ny email. Asks all the usual stuff and requires an essay about why georgetown.

Good luck all

Medical College of Wisconsin
Received 7-6-04 by e-mail
AMCAS Processed approx. 6-9-04

Members don't see this ad :)
Weill Cornell
Recieved 7/7/04 by email
processed 6/18

UCONN
e-mail 7/7
AMCAS still says "active"

Tulane
Wash U
MCW
Columbia
Creighton

Processed 6/9

Has anyone else heard from Ohio State? I just received an email from them directing me to their website to complete their secondary.

Has anyone else heard from Ohio State? I just received an email from them directing me to their website to complete their secondary.
Fusion,
i just got the OSU email today as well. enjoy!

superdevil said:
Fusion,
i just got the OSU email today as well. enjoy!

Hi guys,

I got OSU too! Does yours seem OK thou?
Mine invites me for MD/PhD and I applied MD only (I checked AMCAS to make sure that I didn;t click the wrong field - nope it says only MD). The whole e-mail was a bit strange.

Do you guys think that this could be a mistake, system problem, or something else?

thanks a good luck to all

Mine invites me for MD/PhD and I applied MD only (I checked AMCAS to make sure that I didn;t click the wrong field - nope it says only MD). The whole e-mail was a bit strange.
daffy,
i wouldn't worry about it. my email has a bunch of garbled sh/t in it too (like ^><@#$MD/PhD>@#$%@@-MD-@#$*, or something).

it would be nice to hear some others' accounts of this, though.

let the madness begin!!!!!

Just got my Cornell secondary!!! Yay!

I am from Northeast. Just in case, anybody finds this helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
just a minor (hopefully) concern.....

the ohio state email gives you a link that takes you to a log-in page that displays the heading "2004 entering class admission status login".

2004 entering class??? :confused: :confused: what the hell?!

Pinkertinkle said:
Mail or Email?

MCW was email. The others were non screened.

UConn
received 7/7 (email)
processed 7/2

Georgetown
received 7/7 (email)
processed 7/2

superdevil said:
daffy,
i wouldn't worry about it. my email has a bunch of garbled sh/t in it too (like ^><@#$MD/PhD>@#$%@@-MD-@#$*, or something).

it would be nice to hear some others' accounts of this, though.

let the madness begin!!!!!

Same experience here... I emailed them just to confirm it was only MD program bc i couldnt find anything on the secondary page to confirm

For me, I dont know, I already got emails saying, "we got your stuff" But for other people, some of them will, some won't. I just check every single website.

Georgetown
Secondary received by e-mail
Date: 7/7/04

Cornell (Weill Med)
Secondary received by e-mail
Date: 7/7/04

Processed 6/22/04

same experience with the garbled OSU and the MD/PhD.
But when you log-in, you'll see that the essay for MD/PhD's won't be there (providing you applied regualr MD), so i think all is well

School: Washington University

Secondary Received: 7/7 via Email

Application Completed: Don't remember, i think last week

still waiting on cornell.... :idea:

I called the med school a while ago about the MD/PhD thing in the email. The gentleman basically told me it is just a minor glitch and to proceed with the secondary as an MD applicant. So I guess it's all good.

What I am wondering, however, is if Ohio State is pre-screening for secondaries this year as they have in years past. If they are pre-screening as usual, I must say they are working rather efficiently :thumbup:

Thoughts?

Washington U. St. Louis
received 7/7 (email)

processed 7/2

OSU isn't pre-screening.

hey guys,

did you see that "2004 entering class" stuff on their secondary website, too??? this really puzzles me. when you log-in (which i haven't yet) does everything resolve itself?

Processed: 6/23
Cornell (email) 7/7
Wash U (email) 7/7
UConn (email) 7/7

my amcas does not yet say 'transmitted'. hmmm.... guess they're just behind.

do any of the schools people have gotten secondaries from (so far) pre-screen? i assume not, otherwise they couldn't have gotten through that many applications already... so, i guess nothing to be patting ourselves on the back about just yet. (?)

Processed 6/28

UCSD 7/7 < app rvcd - keep checking > email
UCHC 7/7 email
Baylor 7/8 email
Hopkins 7/12 snailmail packet
Yale 7/13 email
UVM 7/22 email
Dartmouth 7/23 snailmail packet
UCSF 7/27 <app rcvd - sec to follow in 2 wks>
USC 8/2 email
Loma Linda 8/3 email
Tufts 8/3 snailmail <link w/SAA>
Stanford 8/12 email
Harvard 8/13 email ( packet arriving next month )

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That UCSD is a secondary or just a receipt of transcript still pending approval?

UMass received by email 7/6
UConn received by email 7/7
Georgetown received by email 7/7

superdevil said:
hey guys,

did you see that "2004 entering class" stuff on their secondary website, too??? this really puzzles me. when you log-in (which i haven't yet) does everything resolve itself?

I think they just forgot to change the 2004 thing on the login page. Once you actually log in, it says 2005.

and that makes two for today...

processed: 7/7

washu (email) 7/7
ohio state (email) 7/7

just yesterday, i couldn't wait for this, but now i'm freaked-out again. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

I think they just forgot to change the 2004 thing on the login page. Once you actually log in, it says 2005.
good to hear.

thanks, lorelei. :thumbup:

Hi- My AMCAS was processed 6/16 and I received OSU and Cornell today (I have friends who were processed the same day and got UConn and Wash U as well)

My OSU email was very disjointed and also seemed to be inviting me to apply for the MD/PhD

I was hoping that someone could please help me out with Cornell?? My labs were not integrated with the courses and I'm not sure whether to just list the one semester or combine them with the course numbers separated by commas into a year long course (I'm not a science major so I do have to include the labs!)

Secondly, Cornell asks for credit hours. Are these the AMCAS hours or those from the University where the courses were taken?

Thank you so much!!!

Pinkertinkle said:
That UCSD is a secondary or just a receipt of transcript still pending approval?

UCSD is just a reciept. They ask you to keep checking online to see if you are approved for a secondary.

UConn 7/7 email
AMCAS submitted 7/2, currently pending documentation

adamj61 said:

weird, i haven't gotten the tulane secondary yet...

You can go ahead and download the tulane secondary any time...no need to wait for an invitation

I haven't gotten the OSU secondary yet :(

Are you sure that all applicants get it? I hope this is not a sign of something

adamj61 said:

what do u mean they were non screened? how did u know they got ur app? :confused:

Got it! Yippee!

But what a funny email that was. Looked like 2 different emails were spliced together with a toothpick.

TripleDegree said:
I haven't gotten the OSU secondary yet :(

Are you sure that all applicants get it? I hope this is not a sign of something

This isn't exactly on topic but dude, how come some of these secondaries want the exact same info I spent so long typing into AMCAS??????
You want to know what honors/awards I got, or what I've been doing since graduation???? Friggin look, fools!

Sorry. You may return to whatever you were doing. :D

CaMD said:
This isn't exactly on topic but dude, how come some of these secondaries want the exact same info I spent so long typing into AMCAS??????
You want to know what honors/awards I got, or what I've been doing since graduation???? Friggin look, fools!

Sorry. You may return to whatever you were doing. :D
this all goes to show that a lot of schools just amcas as a application screening tool

MCW 7/6
Wash U 7/6
OSU 7/6

Processed: 6/8

The OSU email was pretty disjointed, and I got scared when they asked about the MD/PHD thing which i didnt apply for. even adcoms can make mistakes :laugh:

um yeah...

WASHU and Cornell arrived today (7/7) and i was processed on 6/9 or 6/13 i think...let's see what the rest of the week brings...

~LR

daffy said:
Hi guys,

I got OSU too! Does yours seem OK thou?

Do you guys think that this could be a mistake, system problem, or something else?

thanks a good luck to all

The exact same thing happened to me too, it invited me to the MD/PhD program and I checked aamcaas adnd i put down regular MD. so hopefully its a glitch

usually how fast should the secondaries be submitted to the schools from the date we receive them?

Weill 7/7
Wash U 7/7
Georgetown 7/7
MCW 7/6

processed 6/28

All email
Weil
Georgetown
Ohio state
UCSD "reciept"
Uconn- This message was all F&@^%@ up, did anyone get the attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.