2002 unreleased question 55 !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojo-Z

Born to be a Dentist !
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys !
On this the answer provided is # E as cranial nerves III,VII,IX and X which I think is parasympatetic .
The answer should be # A...............sympathetic inervation to the head and neck region provided by the blood vessels
Any comments please !
jojo-Z
:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

jojo-Z said:
Hey guys !
On this the answer provided is # E as cranial nerves III,VII,IX and X which I think is parasympatetic .
The answer should be # A...............sympathetic inervation to the head and neck region provided by the blood vessels
Any comments please !
jojo-Z
:rolleyes:
i think u are right
coz the the sympathetic stimulation occurs via the external n internal carotid arteries to get to their target organs
n where as
cell bodies for sensory fibres of all cranial nerves are located in the parasymapthetic ganglia or special sense organs

ciliary ganglion [associated with the cranial nerve--occulomotor
submandibular ganglia[associated with facial nerve]
pterygopalatine ganglion
otic ganglion
vagus nerve[no parasympathetic ganglion of vagus in the head]
sends parasympathetic innervation to thorax n abdomen

so answer is blood vessels

I am pretty sure you guys are wrong.... blood vessels are not nerves, therefore do not carry nervous impulses. It says right in my book this:
The Cranial Sympathetics—The cranial sympathetics include sympathetic efferent fibers in the oculomotor, facial, glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves, as well as sympathetic afferent in the last three nerves.
Hope this helps, as I believe you are misled!