2001 Firts Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflower2020

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if I should invest in the most recent First Aid book? I have the 2001.

Also, did anyone try the PreTest Clinical Vignettes for Step 1?

I am searching for more questions, (aside from the q-bank, ofcourse), which are representative of the test.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Spend the $34.99 or whatever it is to get the new edition. This is one of the most important tests you will take in your life. Skip out on the Olive Garden this Saturday and land yourself a good USMLE score.

Originally posted by sunflower2020
Does anybody know if I should invest in the most recent First Aid book? I have the 2001.

Also, did anyone try the PreTest Clinical Vignettes for Step 1?

I am searching for more questions, (aside from the q-bank, ofcourse), which are representative of the test.

thanks

Go an ebay and buy the '10000 questions for the step 1' CD that is floating around (should be pretty cheap) it will have the Board Simulator Series on it...when you can do those questions, you can do the USMLE Step 1.

Does it matter if I use last year's FA? Does anyone know if there are a lot of edits incorporated into this year's FA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Buy the new FirstAid book and MEMORIZE the whole thing!

Also, use the NMS book for practice questions. it has like 1600 q's.

these are your big guns. dont blow this test off.....it unlocks all (many) the doors when you start applying.

The only significant changes over the the past few years in the First Aide books are the student ratings of different USMLE resources at the end of the book. the content of what you must study is basically the same while new sources may be added at the end.