20 Questions with Gregory Frazer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rEliseMe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yikes! Note to self: don't own/run 6 practices.

"On average: How many hours a week do you work? How many hours do you sleep per night? How many weeks of vacation do you take?
As a private practice owner of six practices, I need to make sure everything is billed and collected. I also plan marketing and public relations for our practices. I also have to make sure everyone is happy and their needs are being met. I have to work each night until 6:30 or 7 p.m., because if I leave earlier, it takes me two hours to get home. So, I stay and do paperwork and billing and mentor a fourth-year student.
For 10 years, I facilitated all of the AuD courses for the University of Florida, and for two years I taught two classes at night for AT Still University.
Now, I work nine to 10 hours a day seeing patients, and another two to four doing paperwork. That does not include the eight hours or more on the weekend. So, my average is about 60 to 70 hours per week. I get about five to six hours of sleep a night. I take four to five weeks off a year, not counting two conventions for a week as well."

From this feature article.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, one more great snippet...

Do you have any final piece of advice for students interested in pursuing audiology as a career?

The future of audiology in one sense is bright. Ten thousand Baby Boomers turn 65 each day for the next 19 years, and 35 to 50 percent will need hearing and balance care. However, I don’t believe private practice will be an option unless direct access passes with Medicare, and audiologists get smart and join one large organization to control the future of audiology.

Great article, thanks for posting. It's the cover link on studentdoctor.net in case anyone wants to read the full article. Glad to see SDN giving Audies some love! It must be the blossoming of our humble sub-forum. :D