2 Uworld Mistakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medInUSA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After going through Uworld for a second time and going over my wrong answers,

2 questions in Uworld are definitely wrong!!! :eek::confused:

1) presents a patient and says that he has no tremor at rest, but has tremor on intentinal movements and calls it essential. (No eseential tremmor is present at both movement and rest; cerebellar lesion tremor is absent at rest and present on intenional movements)

2) presents fetal decelerations associated with the onset of contractions and says it's due to cord compressions (No early decelerations are due to fetal head compressions)

Has anyone esle seen these questions and agrees with me??

Members don't see this ad.

2) presents fetal decelerations associated with the onset of contractions and says it's due to cord compressions (No early decelerations are due to fetal head compressions)

I think i had this one earlier today, and I believe that the explanation was that it was a variable-deceleration, rather than an early, which would be consisten with the cord compression explanation. I think the reason for it being variable, rather than early, was because I think the question mentions an "sudden decrease" in FHR --> more aligned with variable, compared to a gradual decline --> seen in early decel.

Not sure about the first one.

I thought a tremor of intention is the basic definition of essential tremor.

according to "Master the Boards Step 3" by Conrad fischer page 205:

tremor at both rest and with intention = essential tremor
tremor only at rest= parkinsonian tremor
tremor only with intention= cerebellar disorders

After going through Uworld for a second time and going over my wrong answers,

2 questions in Uworld are definitely wrong!!! :eek::confused:

1) presents a patient and says that he has no tremor at rest, but has tremor on intentinal movements and calls it essential. (No eseential tremmor is present at both movement and rest; cerebellar lesion tremor is absent at rest and present on intenional movements)

Has anyone esle seen these questions and agrees with me??

Yeah those are actually both right I think.

ET is much worse with action which is why people with ET really have difficulty doing stuff like eating/drinking etc. The question if I remember correctly had a bunch more clues to lead you towards ET (drinking EtOH made better or head bob, cant remember the exact specifics)

I missed #2 myself but if you look at the slope of the decells you can see they are very steep and make a V shaped curve. So while they are at the same time you would see an early decel they are shaped like a variable and are thus probably a variable. You wont be given something this ambiguus on the real deal.