2 months enough time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclakid

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
aah, i'm taking august mcat and haven't even started studying!

is two months enough time to study for it and get above a 30? how should i structure myself to start and keep going?

Members don't see this ad.

uclakid said:

is two months enough time to study for it and get above a 30? how should i structure myself to start and keep going?

Probably, but it depends on how well you knew your stuff. Start yourself off with a nice practice test this will help you when you're studying.

Yes, you probably have plenty of time. However, this is dependent on your background (Did you just complete your pre-med courses?) Definitely take a practice test first to identify your weak areas. That way you can adequately prepare for your trouble areas, and go back over your stronger topics if you have time. Realistically though, if you stick with a set schedule, you should have no problem.

I think two months is enough, but barely. It depends on where you are, where you need to be, and how hard you are going to work.

Judge where you are with a practice test, like someone said. Study your butt off. Register like you're going to take it. Study, study, study. Take a practice test the weekend before, score it, and if it's not where you want it to be follow the procedures to get a refund, even if it's partial. No point in throwing a bad score into your record when you can just take it in April.

Chris

Members don't see this ad :)
most definatly! But you need to start now because by the time you understand enough the way you need to you need to start practicing. Good luck

2 months will be enough if you do atleast 6 hours a day of studying and practicing and spend your weekends doing practice tests

uclakid said:

it better be ..i start june 1st and take the exam in august woot
um yes i need like a 35 ....errr my issues will be chem,ochem and physics....how the hell do people remember physics...its been 10 months ..HELLO :mad:

DieselPetrolGrl said:
um yes i need like a 35 ....errr my issues will be chem,ochem and physics....how the hell do people remember physics...its been 10 months ..HELLO :mad:

10 months? LOL

This April it had been almost 10 years for me :)

Flashcards, lots and lots of flashcards. I carried them everywhere.

35 is not too bad, it's only top 5% of all the testers...

DieselPetrolGrl said:

It comes back surprisingly quick, the better you knew it originally the easier it comes. Don't fret, just open the book and dive in.

uclakid said:

Take it from me, if you are a good test taker, 2 months is enough (assuming you study hard everyday). However, if you're not a good test taker, then a year is more realistic.

Medikit said:
It comes back surprisingly quick, the better you knew it originally the easier it comes. Don't fret, just open the book and dive in.

* grumbles *
what book? kaplan has yet to give me mine... funny how no time wasted on charging the ole mastercard but my books....that seems to be ANOTHER story

DieselPetrolGrl said:
* grumbles *
what book? kaplan has yet to give me mine... funny how no time wasted on charging the ole mastercard but my books....that seems to be ANOTHER story

They should mail it to your address. Make sure they have the right address on file. They had the wrong one (my parents' address) on file for me before and so it took forever to get it to me.

Yeah, it sure as hell better be. :) I'm starting June 10th...yikes! I think it'll be okay because I'll have JUST finished all the prereqs and am planning a 9hr/day 6 days/wk schedule.