2 days left till Naplex...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poda521

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pray for me guys. Been studying since the middle of June for this test but my pre-Naplex scores don't reflect all that time studying...

pre-Naplex (2 Sundays ago): 89 (70-108)

pre-Naplex (this past Sunday): 92 (73-111)

Passing is passing and I guess I should be somewhat relieved but I was really, really hoping for at least a 100+ to ease my anxiety more.

Can anybody tell me how I know if I'm going way too slow during the test? How much time should I have left on the clock at the half-way mark if my math is in the 2nd half?

I really hope I can sleep tomorrow night and not be so damn nervous during the test. I already know my heart is gonna be pumping during the time there. The wait after will be worse since I've gotten nothing else to do but be miserable. I don't even want to start studying for the MPJE yet because I know I'll be extremely distracted awaiting my results.

This whole week I've been so tired of studying, I could recite from memory: the drugs for each disease state, their MOA, any major side effects/Black Box Warnings, contraindications, dosing for popular drugs, and any major drug interactions. The only thing I do not have down and am not comfortable with is formulations. I've tried to study them, but it's always forgotten the next day. Heck, I'm extremely more confident in HIV/Onco/ID questions than I am in choosing what formulations this drug comes in.

Debating whether or not to keep my lucky pencil in my pocket the entire time of the test...passed all my tests the last 2 years of school using that thing:laugh:.

Members don't see this ad.

Pray for me guys. Been studying since the middle of June for this test but my pre-Naplex scores don't reflect all that time studying...

pre-Naplex (2 Sundays ago): 89 (70-108)

pre-Naplex (this past Sunday): 92 (73-111)

Passing is passing and I guess I should be somewhat relieved but I was really, really hoping for at least a 100+ to ease my anxiety more.

Can anybody tell me how I know if I'm going way too slow during the test? How much time should I have left on the clock at the half-way mark if my math is in the 2nd half?

I really hope I can sleep tomorrow night and not be so damn nervous during the test. I already know my heart is gonna be pumping during the time there. The wait after will be worse since I've gotten nothing else to do but be miserable. I don't even want to start studying for the MPJE yet because I know I'll be extremely distracted awaiting my results.

This whole week I've been so tired of studying, I could recite from memory: the drugs for each disease state, their MOA, any major side effects/Black Box Warnings, contraindications, dosing for popular drugs, and any major drug interactions. The only thing I do not have down and am not comfortable with is formulations. I've tried to study them, but it's always forgotten the next day. Heck, I'm extremely more confident in HIV/Onco/ID questions than I am in choosing what formulations this drug comes in.

Debating whether or not to keep my lucky pencil in my pocket the entire time of the test...passed all my tests the last 2 years of school using that thing:laugh:.
don't worry about it !!!.. you are going to pass it.. most of us feel like they are fail after naplex but finally pass !!!
but you can't have any in your pocket during test ...

I can't even begin to describe how I'll feel if I fail this.

My parents will be extremely disappointed and will make me stay in the house forever for the next 3 months and do absolutely nothing but study, day in/day out. I'm pretty sure they'll make sure I don't have anything to smile or laugh about if I do fail this.

Everybody on SDN always freaks out but eventually passes, but I'm one of those who in school, always did the worst out of all my friends. Every single one of my friends have passed and I'm just hoping that I won't be a laughingstock.

You will be fine. I didn't sleep much the night before my test, I kept thinking of things I could have studied more. I was double checking and triple checking my notes all through the night and even before my exam. DON"T DO THIS! Make sure you are well rested the night before because you will feel like you are running a marathon. The test is exhausting. Thankfully I passed. Hindsight, I wish I slept through the night because nothing I looked over the night before was on my test. You've been studying for months, trust me the information is there. Relax and you should be fine. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how that feels....
I was just like that before my naplex too. My heart was pounding even during the exam because i was worried that i might not pass and imagining how horrible it will be after failing.

Relax. You will do fine!
Everyone on the forum suggested that u have the day off before the exam, so I did that. (I tried to study in the morning and I failed, because my exam anxiety kicked in....and couldn't calmly sit down and concentrate)

Good LUCK!:xf:

I took mine on 8/16 and felt like everybody here but thank God checked today 8/18 and I passed. Try to sleep night b4 your exam, will help you a lot. I know is hard to do but try. Remember you have studied......that's what i told myself throughout the test. Good luck.

Thanks for all the support. It honestly means a lot to me, since I have no one near me that I can talk to or give me moral support or sympathize with my situation.

Tomorrow I'm just gonna do the last half of the 120 calculations and review the major disease states. Spend the latter half of the day hopefully hanging out with friends and just trying to relax a little bit.

Thanks again for the support, I'll definitely post back after my test on Saturday.

i am in same situation. I am also taking after 3 days. I am so scared and nervous...!! When is urs?

Mine is Saturday at 12pm.

I'm nervous as hell too but I'm not as nervous as I usually am when finals roll around.

I think it's because I've studied so much for this test while I just cram for finals, lols.

Good luck to you too, positive thinking, positive thinking. You will be nervous and have anxiety before, during, and after. Previous posters have helped me pick up the positive attitude and finally make me realize, "I should pass this test, I've been studying so much that I deserve to pass, no matter how hard this test will be".

Take it easy, don't stress out as much the day before.

Please refrain from posting such specifics regarding the NAPLEX including topics covered on your exam, number of questions regarding given topics etc. I understand the desire to help your co-testers on their exam, but this is against the non-disclosure agreement. It has only been a few years since the last time the NAPLEX refused to release scores for at least 3 months due to a violation of the NDA.

Sorry about that mod. Will try to keep my mouth shut and details to the minimum.

...going back to my hole in the ground.

Still waiting for my results. Hasn't been 5 full business days yet, but I'm still anxious and nervous as heck!

Even though Delaware doesn't do online scoring, I still find myself looking at it TID.

On a side note, does the fact that I can reapply for the Naplex mean I failed? Read a topic on here 1-2 months ago saying that there was a trick to see if you passed by registering for another Naplex test, and if you can't continue the checkout process, that means you passed.

Thanks.

Poda521, I speculate that you'll receive your results next week. It takes 7 business days to receive your results. As for that trick, it doesn't work. A few other people and I have passed NAPLEX yet we still can reapply for NAPLEX.

I got my grade!!!!

Passed with a 115. OMG. My heart is pounding right now!

I want to thank you guys and the whole SDN board for helping me with not just answering questions about drugs but also giving me encouragement and positive feedback. Thank you guys so much.

I want to frame this letter!!!

For those who are still studying and think they're gonna fail, listen to me.

I wasn't the best in school, mostly due to the fact I didn't care to study or have the want to do well. I skipped classes, crammed 5 days before a midterm or final. Definitely not a smart person. Was mostly a C student in college. If I can do this and pass the Naplex, you can definitely do it. I'm a ******* in every sense of the word, hell, if I was a girl, I'd probably end up just like Paris Hilton (minus the rich part).

Good luck to all you guys out there studying for it for this test. RxPrep is the best!!!!!! (not so much the quizbank)