2.97 GPA/20 DAT. What are my chances to get in these programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopingforbetter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So, I have a horrible cGPA of 2.97 and a sGPA of ~2.90 with 20 on DAT. 300+ hours of shadowing, ~150 hours of research.

Just finished applying (April 1st) to these schools:

Columbia University --- Post-baccalaureate studies/Graduate foundations program
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) --- Non-Thesis MS in Biology
Tulane University --- Master of Cell and Molecular Biology
Midwestern University Illinois --- Master of Biomedical Sciences Program
Midwestern University Arizona --- Master of Arts in Biomedical Science
Case Western Reserve University --- MS in Medical Physiology
Rutgers University (2 locations) --- Master of Biomedical Sciences - Newark
--- Master of Biomedical Sciences - Piscataway

I am worried because some of them have a cutoff of 3.0 GPA. What are my chances? Also what other programs should I try? Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Also I'm international in case that would affect something..

Please help! I am getting really nervous now since I am applying really late with such bad stats. Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still investigating other options. Any help would be awesome! I am rolling my face on my keyboard for helpdj1:hungover:ucjsj;wifkencl3xndxjdjq17&,

Try sending a very brief e-mail to the directors of the programs explaining why you would be a good fit for their program (why their specific program, what you would gain, why you are a good candidate, etc.) . You have to tread a fine line between appearing like you are begging to be accepted and appearing like you are confident and enthusiastic about attending their program. I did this for a few places and had good results.