1st Year DO students ONLY!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1st Yr. DO students only: How well versed do you feel in OPP, including manipulation?

• Very well versed (considering end of 1st year).

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Somewhat well versed.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Not well versed enough; I wish my school taught more/better.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • What is OPP (osteopathic principles & practice)??

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LovelyRita

Blade Slinger
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's the end of your first year. How well versed do you feel in Ostepathic Principles and Practice (including manipulation skills)?

Members don't see this ad.

We get decent exposure, but could use more directed practice time. If you spend enough time outside of class, you can have a good handle on things.

Originally posted by DrMom
We get decent exposure, but could use more directed practice time. If you spend enough time outside of class, you can have a good handle on things.

I think we should have less directed practice and more outside of class practice. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrMom
Of course, you're not that big on the OMT. :)

Hey now. Come on. When everyone was studying for neuroanatomy, who was the only one working on OMT? After getting my grade back, maybe I should have focused more on neuroanatomy.

:D

Originally posted by DireWolf
Hey now. Come on. When everyone was studying for neuroanatomy, who was the only one working on OMT? After getting my grade back, maybe I should have focused more on neuroanatomy.

:D

:laugh:

I'm down with OPP.

by the end of first year, we are capable of completing a full body treatment. in fact, we need to complete ten treatments in order to complete the class! at dmu, i feel very comfortable in my omm skills.

Originally posted by Idiopathic
I feel that I could do muscle energy on any muscle group in the body. I understand and can do counterstrain effectively. I can articulate and bowstring and do soft-tissue massage. I can do myofascial release. I can fix sacral torsions.

:confused: Is that what we've been doing for the past 2 semesters? :confused:

bump...ow! I think I have a dysfunction. I need OMT.:p