1st Pratice MCAT tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnB79

The Dragon Reborn
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so tomorrow I am taking my first practice MCAT with no review no studying nothing. Kinda nervous but not too much. I'm just trying to think about where I should take it. Since I am an RA I do have access to aproxx 700 different rooms in which to sit and take it. Or I could go to the library and take it but I am not sure where to go. OH well no big deal. As long as the place is quite I should be fine.

Just curious on how people did taking their first practice MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Is your school an actual administration site? If it is, try to find out where they administer the MCAT and take it there. My last diag was in the actual test center I took it in the very next weekend. Home field advantage rocks!

Find a nice quiet place with few distractions. The main distractions during the MCAT is the sound of other people turning their page. However one thing that happened that was pretty bad was someone's timer going off half way through the BS. I could not think at all. Then another timer went off with a minute ago and nobody found it (turns out it was the test giver's) until the real timer went off. Fortunetly I had more than enough time for that section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go to the "quiet" section of your library, if such a section exists. I think you should go where there will be people around you, biting their nails and doing other distracting things like during the real MCAT. However, if people are talking around you it will not really simulate the silence of the actual MCAT.

OK so I got a 22 with no studying and no review. Which I guess isn't too bad considering. I'll just have to wait and see how my score improves as time goes on and the real MCAT approaches.