1st day of residency...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddjamb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Few days left before thousands of you start a new life, a real life. I was wondering what is the predominant feeling u have at this moment? excited to be called doctor? scared to death to be called doctor? What aspect of your new job worries you the most?

Members don't see this ad.

Few days left before thousands of you start a new life, a real life. I was wondering what is the predominant feeling u have at this moment? excited to be called doctor? scared to death to be called doctor? What aspect of your new job worries you the most?
For me, I felt a David vs Goliath situation, just like the little dude vs sumo wrestler in your avatar, where I was David or the little dude. But I just wasn't sure if I could beat the sumo wrestler or if I'd get crushed!

Now that I'm on the other side, I know that if someone as incompetent as me could make it, then anyone else definitely can too. Just try to kill as few patients as possible. ;) Seriously though I'm sure you'll be fine, and best wishes for your future, doc! :)

Reactions: 2 users
My biggest current worry: sounding like a total idiot when asked a question by an upper level or attending. I've forgotten almost everything during 4th year. Seriously, everything. It feels like I couldn't even give an educated guess at most questions right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
you mean the day you lose your life?

Reactions: 1 user