18D or SOCM guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sfpa07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any SOCM or 18D’s applying or have already applied? How did your school look at your prior experience? How much did it help you gain entry into higher ranking schools? What was your Gpas, and MCAT? What schools are you going to?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any SOCM or 18D’s applying or have already applied? How did your school look at your prior experience? How much did it help you gain entry into higher ranking schools? What was your Gpas, and MCAT? What schools are you going to?

I was an 18A now in my second year of Ortho residency. I think the experiences certainly help although won't make up for not meeting certain cut off numbers.

IIRC, there's a former 18D associated with SOFlete (FB page) who's now an MS1 at Texas A&M -- may want to try to get in touch. I know there's an 18D at UTSouthwestern. My former residency advisor was a USAF Major on the ADCOM and mentioned it to me. However, you've got to pull the grades and the scores. It may get you in the door for an interview but you're just like every other pendulating Richard out there.....

Members don't see this ad :)
IIRC, there's a former 18D associated with SOFlete (FB page) who's now an MS1 at Texas A&M -- may want to try to get in touch. I know there's an 18D at UTSouthwestern. My former residency advisor was a USAF Major on the ADCOM and mentioned it to me. However, you've got to pull the grades and the scores. It may get you in the door for an interview but you're just like every other pendulating Richard out there.....
I know 3 former sf in med school/residency.....high achievers tend to achieve

But no one is going to forget your mcat because you're a badass, OP

Like bill says, you still have to produce

I know two SOCM guys at A&M (an 18D and a batt guy). 18D's at LUCOM, New Mexico, UNC, PNWU, an 18A at Harvard, and a 18D at the UW PA program. What's your pleasure?

I know two SOCM guys at A&M (an 18D and a batt guy). 18D's at LUCOM, New Mexico, UNC, PNWU, an 18A at Harvard, and a 18D at the UW PA program. What's your pleasure?

Yeah there are at least 2 18Ds at LUCOM. Probably more I don't know about.

Good people.

Reactions: 1 user
18d here. Applying this cycle. 3.72 GPA and 506 MCAT. Secondaries were sent 2 weeks ago, so no interviews yet. I'm still waiting on my TMDSAS application to be verified to hear back from Texas schools.

I know a 75th medic with a 507 MCAT. He has interviewed at Duke and Georgetown, plus a couple more.

18d here. Applying this cycle. 3.72 GPA and 506 MCAT. Secondaries were sent 2 weeks ago, so no interviews yet. I'm still waiting on my TMDSAS application to be verified to hear back from Texas schools.

I know a 75th medic with a 507 MCAT. He has interviewed at Duke and Georgetown, plus a couple more.

I think you guys deserve an automatic interview to wherever you want. But that's just me.

Later guys. Good luck.