This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampats

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Commonwealth Geisinger
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Belmont
Tulane
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)

Members don't see this ad :)
@Faha thanks for your reply! Do you think it’s worth applying to Pitt given my stats are much lower compared to theirs?

Hey everyone, I was hoping for some advice in regards to which schools I should target. I have included below a summary of my application. I have a lot of research experience and some publications so was hoping to target schools that value that. Let me preface by saying multiple people use this account so each WAMC is different.

One day we will follow Netflix and AppleTV and restrict this password sharing behavior. Of course, we aren't charging you to set up an account, so just be careful with security. Who knows what hackers are out there that can take advantage. Check the Terms of Service.

You need a lot more detail to help us discern your mission fit, but I'm guessing you just want a metrics-based list. Schools will choose based on your alignment with their mission and not just your metrics only.

I can't tell if you are just embellishing. Your publication number of 7-first authors out of 18 publications (in 1500 hours/2 labs) is crazy for a typical undergraduate. You should apply to masters programs in research and not go to medical school because you'll get more schools throwing scholarship money at you for a Ph.D. than anyone on an MD adcom if the impact factor of these publications is strong. Why are you not applying MD/PhD, other than the fact your MCAT is lower than desired (and maybe your GPA)?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Wow that's a lot of productive research; how in the world did you pull off 18 publications and 7 first authors in 4 years???

Reactions: 1 user
@Faha thanks for your reply! Do you think it’s worth applying to Pitt given my stats are much lower compared to theirs?
They don't need the donation. Take your mom out for Mother's Day instead.

I suggest the following:
Creighton
Drexel
Georgetown
GWU
Jefferson
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
MCW
NEOMED
Netter
Loyola
Nova MD
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
EVMS
SLU
Albany
Rush
Temple
Tulane
TCU
VCU
U CO
U VM
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wayne State
Wake Forest
WVU
Geisinger if from the Scranton Area

Any DO program. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.

@Goro Thanks! I had a follow up question if you don’t mind. I know no one can guarantee the outcome of any cycle, but do you think with my stats and extracurriculars, I have a realistic chance at gaining an MD acceptance this upcoming cycle?

Let me preface by saying multiple people use this account so each WAMC is different.

Please clarify this statement. Only one person should be accessing a single account. If multiple people are, in fact, using the same account, please message me so that we can get each person set up with their own account during an amnesty period. Otherwise, as pointed out, this behavior may violate our TOS and result in moderator action.

Reactions: 2 users
@Goro Thanks! I had a follow up question if you don’t mind. I know no one can guarantee the outcome of any cycle, but do you think with my stats and extracurriculars, I have a realistic chance at gaining an MD acceptance this upcoming cycle?
Acceptance is 100% on you. Odds of getting II are competitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.