This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riebmaon

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@riebmaon to be honest I don't see any deficiencies in your application or activities at all.
It does happen at times that a great candidate like you will fall through the cracks, have a so-so interview day, etc.
There is still time to get in from WLs, so I hope that happens for you.

If you end up having to reapply, submit ASAP in May or early June and do some rewriting of your big essays so it won't look 100% like last year's.
There will be an extra question that pops up on TMDSAS when you say you are a reapplicant, so that can be another mini essay for you.

@wysdoc I have heard of schools offering application reviews, I am wondering if I need to email schools to receive such a review or wait for emails on the workshops that the schools offer. Any information regarding this would be helpful. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc I have heard of schools offering application reviews, I am wondering if I need to email schools to receive such a review or wait for emails on the workshops that the schools offer. Any information regarding this would be helpful. Thank you
One school that does this for sure is Texas Tech El Paso. Read here starting at this post to see people talking about it: #274
I don't have a link to that workshop but maybe one of these SDN members does.

You have 4 interviews. Why did you feel you did not match?
I honestly have no idea. I felt as if my interviews went well and I would say that I am outgoing and personable. I’m thinking maybe my interviews did not go as well as I thought so I plan to focus heavily on interview prep in the case that I have to re apply. I’m also thinking maybe my personal statement needs some work, however, if I got interviews does that mean it was decent enough?

Reactions: 1 user
I honestly have no idea. I felt as if my interviews went well and I would say that I am outgoing and personable. I’m thinking maybe my interviews did not go as well as I thought so I plan to focus heavily on interview prep in the case that I have to re apply. I’m also thinking maybe my personal statement needs some work, however, if I got interviews does that mean it was decent enough?
The challenge is that you will likely need to rewrite your PS and answer questions about how your improved in your reapp. But I would say if you got 4 interviews, your general writing was satisfactory.