This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pepperoncini

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
I feel like this is one of the few situations where it's worth emailing Baylor and asking admissions if they'll preferentially put you in Houston since there is no practicing religious community for you in Temple. They aren't super receptive to those requests, but they did say there are exceptions, such as a spouse living in Houston. Baylor sounds like a clear #1, and they obviously really like you, so it might be worth a try if that's the only thing holding you back.

Just putting here that if the students on your interview day seem stressed, that is a HUGE red flag. For your interview day, they're putting out the cream of the crop/poster children.

I personally have several gripes with my med school but I'd never trash my school to a premed I'm interviewing. Does that make sense?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just putting here that if the students on your interview day seem stressed, that is a HUGE red flag. For your interview day, they're putting out the cream of the crop/poster children.
If a clinician is interviewing you, though, (s)he might be stressed just because. I remember once, one of my routine outpatient appointment patients was actively suicidal, and this was highly unusual for my practice. Someone coding would have been easier! I was in the middle of interviewing a prospective applicant (for a permanent IM job at my clinic). It was stressful, but they were able to see firsthand the way I/we (as a team) handled things. Good thing we had protocols in place, in writing, so I didn't have to wing it. The applicant got more information during that "interview" than any typical interview. I'll never forget that day! The applicant didn't choose us, but did complement the way things happened at my interview.

• Care
  • Wow