This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samshaver9

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Go where you'll have the most amount of support and reach out to the programs and talk to someone from there to see what they think. Most people think that by communicating you're hurting yourself but by being open you're helping yourself and making yourself seem more personable. Your credentials seem great, other than maybe getting more outpatient hours. I wouldn't worry about getting in with your stats so that should be a relief.

I will say, if you're an older student, >25, then starting PT school sooner rather than later may be beneficial compared to waiting another year and a half to start. Since it will take 3 years before you start earning any money and most people want to start life earlier rather than later. Also, depending on your socioeconomic status, if you can afford to wait and have financial familial support and can afford to wait, then by all means, but I'm on the side of starting sooner, but I'm also on the older side for what it's worth.

Good luck regardless.