----

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1087189

----

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
In general a 510 feels low for UCSD. It's a good score to get you into medical school but it's not sufficient (mission, service, integrity, etc.). I guess if you asked their admissions team, they would encourage you to go for a higher score overall. But if you have a strong mission fit, would they look at you as someone who wants to work locally? Only they would say.

UCSD has an IS median MCAT of 515.
They matriculated 99 IS applicants (105 minus 6 MD/PhD) out of 4813. Those are vanishingly small odds.
It would be unwise to expect that any applicant has a good chance at matriculation to any single school, even with a target MCAT (especially in states like CA!).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I just received my score (510!) with a breakdown of 127/123/129/131. I am a retaker and got a 496 my first time; however, would you recommend a retake because of the low CARS score? I am applying primarily CA schools and am a CA resident.

BS in bio (3.9 GPA) and MPH with epidemiology concentration (4.0 GPA). Lots of research and clinical experience, both paid and unpaid. 2 pubs, 2 more in process. No shadowing [doing it during my gap year(s)].

My number 1 school is UCSD as well and I am a San Diego native.
I am a little confused about why you are posting this on SDN as opposed to reaching out to UCSD's ADCOM.

Reactions: 1 user