This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToKingdomCome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you routinely placing 12cm catheters in the radial?

If you want to be fancy and make a bloody mess, just ask for the micropuncture kit.

I know the arrow isn't perfect, but there's also a reason I've seen it available as the primary a-line catheter at 5 different hospitals in 3 different states.

I would suggest getting more reps using ultrasound so you can get a better feel for where exactly the needle is. I think it'll help since you don't have the same feedback from blood squirting / free guidewire that comes with through and through techniques.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love the arrow, what don’t you like about it? I will use micropuncture kit if difficult or do a brachial.

Reactions: 1 users
I hate the arrow a lines that come with the built in guidewire and catheter. I trained with the below. Unfortunately they don't have these kits at my shop. I have been able to find a separate guidewire but I cant find the type of angio cath (blue one) anywhere in my OR. I like seeing the blood shoot out the end of the blue angio cath because it allows me to make adjustments, and when I thread the guidewire I get a better feel for what I'm feeling. I know I can just ask but does anyone have any tips on how to make a make shift a line kit like the one below? I wasn't able to find the separate blue angio cath anywhere, but if anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it!

I trained with this: View attachment 375750

Get over it and learn to love radial Arrows.

Reactions: 1 users
Quit being a diva. If the majority of the rest of the country can use it without issue, the problem ain’t the arrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Its all about technique. I trained with it and I think the Arrow is amazing. Probably 95% success rate on 1st attempt.. and basically 100% on a 2nd. It is also nice and compact with little waste in packaging.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.