This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfDingle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You already talked to a lawyer that told you not to report it, but you ignored them anyway and disclosed it. At this point there's a record within your medical school of disclosure, so it would be most consistent to simply report it for residency too. What wording does the residency application use for criminal record? If it says "have you ever been arrested and if so why?" then yes you probably need to be forthcoming about being charged with alcohol and then being reduced to littering. If it just says "have you ever been convicted of a crime and if so what?" then you probably can say just littering. Nevertheless, be consistent with what you wrote in your medical school application.

With the medical board, you will have to disclose this for sure and may likely delay you in getting the license quickly as they'll probably ask you to send them court documents. I would consider hiring a lawyer so they can get all these for you, unless you know you can get all this stuff easily on your own

Quite honestly this is such a petty thing that I'd be surprised if anyone cared about this charge/conviction

PS. Just personal advice. I'm not a lawyer or intending to give legal advice

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know some residency programs (in ortho) that filter out the “yes” responses in the arrest section of ERAS. That said, the desks your application makes it to will likely not care.

I’m pretty sure there are filters for convictions/arrests so I would probably just put no in this case

Status
Not open for further replies.