This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1159869

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a better MD/PhD candidate than MD applicant. Your choice but keep in mind that state institutions are looking for their state MD residents, whereas the majority of state institutions must recruit nationally, not caring for state of residence for MD/PhD applicants, particularly for those 53 MSTPs.

You are a better MD/PhD candidate than MD applicant. Your choice but keep in mind that state institutions are looking for their state MD residents, whereas the majority of state institutions must recruit nationally, not caring for state of residence for MD/PhD applicants, particularly for those 53 MSTPs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think your academic stats are going to cause you any issues regardless of whether you apply MD-PhD or MD.

Do you envision yourself in a career where you’d be best prepared by going through MD-PhD training e.g. research-heavy career, or one where an MD is sufficient? I think that should drive your decision to apply for one degree program or the other rather than perceived likelihood of admission

I agree that you are a more competitive MD-PhD applicant than MD. However, that statement does not necessarily mean you are an uncompetitive MD applicant. I’d still put money on you having a successful MD application cycle if you chose to go that route.

Reactions: 1 users