This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a MSMS update. The final grades are out now...and I unfortunately fell a bit to a 3.65 GPA. I think it is still respectable, but it is no longer the 3.7+ it was in the past.

I had trouble with 2/4 classes and that led to two A's and B's.
Still respectable. As odd as this sounds, your journey sounds interesting so please keep us updated and hopefully, you do well on your MCAT and have a successful cycle in the near future!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To add onto this, any opinion on school lists would be helpful as well. I'm busy crafting my reapplication materials in anticipation for potentially trying again. I'm frankly not being picky - I just would like to get into somewhere, God willing.
My 2C for what it's worth: I'm genuinely sorry that your previous path didn't work out. It can be tough, but remember that failure is a natural part of life. What sets people apart is their resilience and determination to keep going.

Considering the decrease in podiatry applications this year, there may be an opportunity for you. It seems like you've learned from your mistakes and deserve a second chance. However, let's be honest: podiatry is a challenging field (4 yrs school + 3 yrs medicine/surgical residency). The coursework is similar to MD/DO programs, and the studying can be intense, with high-stakes board examinations.

I highly recommend shadowing a podiatrist to see if it aligns with your interests and goals. Keep in mind that while recognition and compensation may not match the investment you make in education and tuition, the work you'll be doing is critical and necessary for patients. If you have any questions about podiatry, feel free to reach out to me.

If you have no interest in podiatry, please disregard everything above :)

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.