This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental1234555

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Travel, date people, get into shape, read books, get a part time job, learn Spanish.

Don’t start studying. You’re setting yourself up for burnout and failure.

Reactions: 4 users
Find a hobby, get good at it, and don't study for school. If you want to think about school, maybe think about what studying worked in undergrad and what didn't, and then make adjustments before school. Get an exercise habit down. Dental school takes a lot of time but if you have healthy coping mechanisms in place before you begin, it's more manageable. And it doesn't have to just be exercise. Enjoy the time off while you have it. If you really wanted to fill up your time, get a job to make a little extra money while you have the time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry about studying ahead at this point. I would enjoy this time, relax, make new friends, pick up a new hobby. Anything dental related you learn at this point will typically provide minimal benefit. It's like starting to study ahead for college while in your senior year of high school, no one really does it.

Travel, date people, get into shape, read books, get a part time job, learn Spanish.

Don’t start studying. You’re setting yourself up for burnout and failure.

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate, I’m not really used to not having to study for something I guess

Find a hobby, get good at it, and don't study for school. If you want to think about school, maybe think about what studying worked in undergrad and what didn't, and then make adjustments before school. Get an exercise habit down. Dental school takes a lot of time but if you have healthy coping mechanisms in place before you begin, it's more manageable. And it doesn't have to just be exercise. Enjoy the time off while you have it. If you really wanted to fill up your time, get a job to make a little extra money while you have the time.

Thank you I appreciate the advice I will start looking for something to do other than studying never thought I would say that

I wouldn't worry about studying ahead at this point. I would enjoy this time, relax, make new friends, pick up a new hobby. Anything dental related you learn at this point will typically provide minimal benefit. It's like starting to study ahead for college while in your senior year of high school, no one really does it.

Thank you I really appreciate the advice, doing minimal it is I guess

Hello everyone Hope everything is going well, I got accepted to Tufts for D27’ and I have a lot of time in my hand right now I tried to chill and do nothing but it is very boring so I was wondering if there is any current tufts students that can help me. I want to start studying for the first year can someone recommend what should I start studying for and what book to use. I know anatomy is the hardest at least that’s what I heard.

Thank you so much in advance
Its not very simply to say to start studying because most of the resources you wont have access to like dental anatomy, etc. But Clinical anatomy is your first course and knowing your cranial nerves are important, also you can start looking at the neck and head anatomy.