-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premed35032

Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mercer does not admit non residents and U Washington admits less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. I suggest these schools with your stats and assuming you do well in your SMP:
U Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Duke
Miami
Tulane
Vanderbilt
TCU-UNT
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Wayne State
Oakland Beaumont
Case Western
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Hackensack
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
For DO schools I suggest these:
PCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
WVSOM
You should accumulate 200+ hours of non clinical volunteering hours. More clinical volunteering hours would also help.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your non clinical experience? What schools generally recruit students in your SMP?
For non-clinical, I volunteered as a tutor at a local community academy for middle school students to help them with school in math and science for 3~4 years) I also volunteered as set up crew for international music festival (did not include this because it seemed very unrelated to path to medicine but I enjoy Jazz)

Schools that generally recruit students from my SMP were Boston, Drexel, Tufts, and others which I put in my list.

For non-clinical, I volunteered as a tutor at a local community academy for middle school students to help them with school in math and science for 3~4 years) I also volunteered as set up crew for international music festival (did not include this because it seemed very unrelated to path to medicine but I enjoy Jazz)

Schools that generally recruit students from my SMP were Boston, Drexel, Tufts, and others which I put in my list.
Unrelated but you should totally make sure the international music festival volunteer gets on your app if there was a decent # of hours because that sounds dope and I'm sure interviewers would have a fun time asking you about it

505 taken in 2017, another 505 2021 which schools should I avoid?
Nobody really knows what specific schools do. AMCAS rec that schools average multiple scores. And some do and some dont’t but all of your scores are visible to reviewers. Even if you call and ask you get a variety of answers.
Why are you applying before you have finished your SMP? Schools won’t have access to your grades when they are reviewing your application. You did a good job on your post bacc .

Nobody really knows what specific schools do. AMCAS rec that schools average multiple scores. And some do and some dont’t but all of your scores are visible to reviewers. Even if you call and ask you get a variety of answers.
Why are you applying before you have finished your SMP? Schools won’t have access to your grades when they are reviewing your application. You did a good job on your post bacc .
I am planning to apply after I finish the program. Sorry, I wrote this post quickly but I mentioned it at the bottom.

I am planning to apply after I finish the program. Sorry, I wrote this post quickly but I mentioned it at the bottom.
So next cycle? You really seem to have no nonclinical volunteering to the unserved/underserved in your community. You need to get out of your comfort zone and deal with people very unlike yourself. Your tutoring is a separate category.So get busy with that nonclinical volunteering. Medicine is a service profession and you have to show your altruistic side to ADCOMS .

I do agree you need to find someplace to talk about the international music fest. It’s different, interesting and will provide a really different view of you. But you need the basics first.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.