This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matty_Boosie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your scores are very conistent with nothing really under the cutoff for most schools. Great job with the 26 in reading, that score really stands out. A lot depends on what school you want to attend. These scores should get you interviews at some schools but not all. Your GPA is also a factor. You could contact the schools you applied to and get their opinions.
Wishing you the best.
Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

These are definitely not low scores, I think the average matriculation scores for a lot of dental school floats around 17-18, so you should be in a good spot! Don't let other people breakdown scores of 25+ discourage you, you got good scores. even if you had time to retake, I personally wouldn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took it and to say I am happy would be lying. I was scoring much higher on the booster tests and bio qvault. Idk i just felt off but no excuses. I know my science scores are low and im really worried. My apps are in as of a month ago so I cannot retake it unfortunately. How bad is it? I am honestly the most surprised at math. I was expecting a much higher score but oh well.
You had an excellent reading score, would you care to offer any strategies or tips for students yet to take the DAT.

What resources did you use? Did you use chad's videos and destroyer to work on chem and orgo? Math destroyer for QR? Ultimately, your DAT is only part of your application (along with GPA and extracir.), so it is tough to tell. If you have a 4.0, you may be good, but otherwise, you may want to wait a year.