—-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1087189

—-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re applying next cycle then take your time. Study and plan to take it whenever will give you ample time to prepare. Set a date you think is realistic for your schedule. 5 hours a day sounds great if you can do it without burning out. Study hard, and if you aren’t meeting your score goals on practice tests then postpone your actual test. Don’t sit for the exam if you aren’t fully prepared and consistently scoring at your desired score.

I would definitely wait. While your MPH may cover some material, you may be surprised by some of the other sections. I work in Molecular Biology / Infectious Diseases research, but I really had to study for Psych/Soc and Chem/Phys. Studying 5 hours/day is a great goal, but some days you may want to go easier. Additionally, it's important to break up your studying. For example, I would set a timer, read for 45 minutes, play a video game for 15 minutes, and repeat the cycle.

I suggest getting some MCAT study books (any publisher, year since inclusion of Psych/Soc will be fine; I used the 2016 Kaplan books for a 515+ score on a 2020 exam) and buying the official AAMC question pack with several full length exams [I got this bundle and it was definitely worth it AAMC MCAT Official Prep Online-Only Bundle | 1-Year Subscription ]. This will allow you to study content and quiz yourself. If you are feeling utterly burnt out, do a minimum of one question per day. I definitely had days where I did this.

On weekdays, I had a certain subjects assigned to each day of the week (and sometimes studied different things if I really wasn't feeling it), and set a goal for an amount of chapters (of the Kaplan book) to read depending on my aptitude for the content and the length of the chapter. For weekends, I did practice questions. Prior to my test date, I did full length exams on weekends to get used to the endurance required and see where I was. After the test, I would check my answers and make a note on my weaknesses to study them more.