~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4lphabet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
~

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
~

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a better school in this case? PD list ranks Emory and Mayo MN as comparable & AZ is still a new school. Emory has a higher % of students matching to NE schools as well
Mayo has its prestige. I would go there and save the money.

The money is the easy deciding factor. Mayo it is. If it weren’t for the money, I would say Emory, as I don’t think there’s a big prestige difference here. Both great schools, but can’t justify paying 100k more for location alone.

I would say you might be able to justify 100k for the location aspect alone if you truly believe you would be sacrificing your happiness and mental health by moving to a location you absolutely don't like. Have you visited the Mayo campus/AZ? I would try to do that before deciding because you might end up liking it if you see it in person! But in the end, if you really feel like you would be miserable for four years because of Mayos location, then maybe 100k is justifiable but that's just my opinion lol

Reactions: 2 users
Take the money, also Atlanta is hot AND humid lol. I don't think Emory is worth $100k more than Mayo-AZ.

Reactions: 1 users
Mayo has its prestige. I would go there and save the money.
Would argue Emory has more prestige than Mayo-AZ...I don't think it is regarded as equivalent to Mayo-MN. And even then, Mayo-MN and Emory are viewed very similarly as medical schools.

Reactions: 3 users