--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1064610

--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I'm graduating in about a year and worried about the amount of W's I have. I have 6 W's : 3 of them in Math and 2 in Chemistry. How will this look in my application? is there anything I can do? I have a cGPA of 3.8. Grateful for any advice, thank you!
How they are perceived may depend on the pattern of the Ws. Are they all in 1-2 terms, or scattered throughout? Did you retake the classes and earn As? Do you have Ws in the same class twice? Do any of your LORs give an explanation for them? What explanation would you give if asked about them at an interview?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had 5 Ws and 7 WFs, all in a row, dropping 4.0 to lowish 3s. And a separate bright red flag. 99%ile MCAT. Strong/diverse but not insane ECs. Was accepted to a great mid-tier state school.

Reactions: 1 user
Eh I think that part of GPA is the status that comes with saying “our students had an average gpa of 3.93.” Also is a factor is USNEWS rankings iirc. This means that the number is the most important thing.

Get a high MCAT (shows you’ll be prepared academically for med school rigor) and I doubt the Ws will be a problem

I have a handful and it didn't hurt me. No one even asked about then.