This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted765155

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I suspect that the answer will be similar to the answer for premeds asking what to do before starting medical school"

Correct. Just get through intern year. The derm floodgates will be opened when you start pgy2. At most, just skim through an atlas or two to maintain knowledge/increase knowledge a little possibly.

Depending on what questions you are being asked, the people you work with should be reasonable and realize you are not yet a Dermatologist and hopefully should be placing consults appropriately instead of depending solely on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
yeah dont worry about it. just enjoy the year. if you want to do anything, just do the AAD med student modules to cover some bread and butter like a month before you start

Members don't see this ad :)
if you wanted to leisurely study, you could look into dermnemonics - it is amazing! I did sketchy in medical school and just discovered dermnemonics this week. Dermnemonics home page | Dermnemonics there's a deal right now for $40 off the Epic Course (use code "RockDerm") - and more and more content is being created!

if you wanted to leisurely study, you could look into dermnemonics - it is amazing! I did sketchy in medical school and just discovered dermnemonics this week. Dermnemonics home page | Dermnemonics there's a deal right now for $40 off the Epic Course (use code "RockDerm") - and more and more content is being created!
Speaking of sketchy……

Member for ~10 years. One post ever, promoting a product.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Generally speaking, don’t worry about it. Just focus on intern year and being a good intern. But I was in the exact same situation where even my attendings expected me to know more derm than I did, asking questions during Grand Rounds and what not, so I felt more pressure than I should have. So during lighter rotations I looked through some atlases or skimmed Fitzpatrick. In hindsight a complete waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.