This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

INeedHelp1234

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Could add in rush or Pritzker if you wanted to stay close to home - though both are fairly service heavy schools (Rush moreso, but BU/Loyola, which are on your list, are also very service oriented)

I wouldn't say WashU is a guaranteed interview with a 3.88/520, their median stats are like a 3.95/522 from what I recall

I wouldn't say WashU is a guaranteed interview with a 3.88/520, their median stats are like a 3.95/522 from what I recall
Washington University offers interviews to ~1/3 of applicants who complete secondaries. They are interviewing few of those applicants with sub 3.7 GPA or sub 515 MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Could add in rush or Pritzker if you wanted to stay close to home - though both are fairly service heavy schools (Rush moreso, but BU/Loyola, which are on your list, are also very service oriented)
Yeah I heard that. I did talk about service a lot in my activities and a bit in my personal statement, and I tried to do a bunch while being a full time student. I'm testing my luck with BU/Loyola, but I heard Rush is on its own level in looking for service-oriented applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I heard that. I did talk about service a lot in my activities and a bit in my personal statement, and I tried to do a bunch while being a full time student. I'm testing my luck with BU/Loyola, but I heard Rush is on its own level in looking for service-oriented applicants.
Rush is. They expect hundreds , if not thousands, of service hours fromtheir applicants and they get them.

If it helps to know, I did interview at a handful of service oriented schools mentioned (BU, Loyola, UChicago, Rush, Georgetown, SLU, etc.) and had ~800 hrs volunteering hrs upon time of applying (clinical + non-clinical)

edit: I think those schools in particular like service-oriented apps. Some may care more about the actual # of hours, but I got the sense from their interview days that they wanted students who were invested in service. That's not to say they won't interview you if you don't have a lot of service - I know people who have gotten an acceptance into those schools without a ton of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.