This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ibnalkamil1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A lot of academic jobs qualify for Pslf. You will need to compare the specific job versus what a realistic private practice partnership track would pay.

Many partnership track salary offers in my area are less than academics for a few years with a substantial boost at partner. However, in my immediate city, all the major practices are 4 years to partner.

your region of the country may differ.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interested in radiology I'll have ~400-450k debt (poor family, raised by single mom) after residency + 1-yr fellowship. This means 4 more years of qualifying payments for PSLF to work.

Are there any easily attainable non-profit rads attending jobs that qualify for PSLF (VA, hospitals?) I will have paid ~25k through residency and another $120k as an attending 4 years after fellowship assuming ~350k salary and paying ~10% of that. The rest (350k-400k due to interest) would be forgiven.

Does this seem feasible or would I be better off taking a private practice job and working like a dog for 2-3 years to gross 650k+ and pay it off quickly?

Alternatively, if there is student forgiveness reform of say a $50k lump sump then 10k per year of non-profit work (60k for residency/fellowship), that would put me closer to 250k and I could in theory moonlight R3-R5 and pay off most, if not all of it. I live in a relatively cheap COL area and want to continue working here. According to MGMA non-IR rads here gross $500k

A ton of jobs qualify for PSLF. VA, academic, cancer hospitals, and actually some PP.

My friend is a CT surgeon and is an employee of a large not for profit private hospital system. He makes about 800k a year and he qualifies.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.