This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beerus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did a rotation in Radiation Oncology it was great probably the best rotation, and i loved the lifestyle of Radiation Oncologist and I do like oncology in general, but I didn't like the physics in college and I was very bad at it. It's that big no-no for me? I'm not sure :( I'm afraid that I will not pass the boards.
btw I'm not im not from USA so jobs issues in usa is not an issue for me and im not that interested in medical oncology i find Radiation Oncology more interesting.

As a European, I can tell you that many of my colleagues hate physics. It was certainly more difficult 30-40 years ago to go into radiation oncology if you didn't like physics. Nowadays, I feel things are a lot easier...

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't find very much overlap at all with "ball rolling down an incline"-type physics in college and radiation oncology physics, so I wouldn't let that stop you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that should be a big hurdle, though I like physics. It was nice b/c it is much more concept based. Some equation stuff, but yea, no ball rolls down the hill stuff. I don't want to say it was easy, but it definitely shouldn't stop you (other things to consider before physics to stop you from coming in). If you are good with triangles, you will pass I promise lol.

Reactions: 1 user
If you can understand the following, you can understand the majority of the calculations on American boards:

1608146274898.png

Reactions: 1 user
I've struggled with physics from high school to college to residency. First two years routinely scored <20th percentile on RAPHEX and in service.

Learned what I needed to function in real life (most important) and passed boards. Also learn what a good physicist is (or not) - that will impact your life more than the other stuff.

Reactions: 2 users
On a completely irrelevant tangent, while watching The Mandalorian I've had the worst time remembering Ahsoka Tano's name. I wasn't a Clone Wars guy, and could not get Sohcah Toa out of my head, so I just kept calling her Sohcah Toa to myself until I got it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
On a completely irrelevant tangent, while watching The Mandalorian I've had the worst time remembering Ahsoka Tano's name. I wasn't a Clone Wars guy, and could not get Sohcah Toa out of my head, so I just kept calling her Sohcah Toa to myself until I got it.
I'm just looking for a baby yoda/Grogu tree topper. Apparently that's a thing now... Pretty funny story there though

I'm just looking for a baby yoda/Grogu tree topper. Apparently that's a thing now... Pretty funny story there though

Work gift exchange was yesterday over zoom. I almost got the baby yoda chia pet - but was stolen from me in the end. Foiled again!

• Haha
Algebra, trigonometry, and the exponential/ln functions... that’s it.