• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1027026

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there linkage to RWJ medical school?
"guaranteed interview at New Jersey Medical School by earning a 3.6 GPA after at least 20 credits and an MCAT of at least 127 in each section (must be permanent resident or citizen of the US)"

Reactions: 1 user
I've been looking into this program and I think I would be a good fit. I just need a little extra "oomph" to my application. I think this 1 year accelerated program at RWJ seems awesome. The curriculum has classes relevant to medical school and you even get to do a capstone project. The price is not bad. I am wondering if anyone has gone to this program and could give me some insight? Why did you decide to enter the program? Did it help you get into medical school? How was the difficulty of the program? How was the advising? Is there linkage to RWJ medical school?

I am actually from New Brunswick and went to Rutgers for undergrad. While I did not do the program in question, I had several classmates who did and who described it as a solid program that got you where you needed to be. They were happy with it, and the price is reasonable, which sort of jives with most things that RU in general offers.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Members don't see this ad :)
I did this program a few years ago, dont get confused though. there are two MBS programs that Rutgers offers. One in Newark that is linked with NJMS. the one I completed is in Piscataway/new Brunswick and is linked with RWJMS.

All the classes are taught by professors from RWJMS and most lectures are the same as the M1s. The classes are hard but there is definitely grade inflation in some cases. I heard that it is more rigorous than newark.
The courses definitely helps with the MCAT - pushed me from 70th to 97th percentile.

Linkage also is not what it seems. lots of lies tbh. but u can definitely get in, its just not what it seems. first off u need at least a 3.0 amcas GPA and 512+ otherwise forget it. 3 spots are reserved for masters linkage and you compete with UPenn, nyu, columbia, and a few other MBS programs that are also "guaranteed" linkages with RWJMS for those 3 spots.

So my suggestion : if ur gpa is below 3.0 go to newark, otherwise RWJ I highly recommend it. even if u dont get into the linkage, that is not why ur doing this - most people get in somewhere if they do really well

"guaranteed interview at New Jersey Medical School by earning a 3.6 GPA after at least 20 credits and an MCAT of at least 127 in each section (must be permanent resident or citizen of the US)"
that is for Rutgers SGS in Newark

Have 3.63c at the moment, its my science gpa I'm worried about (3.4). MCAT is 514. I need something to push my borderline application over the edge. This program might be what I've been looking for.

Do you take classes with just graduate students or with graduate students and medical students as well? I was confused about your wording. Are the class sizes big or small? Finally, how did you pay for a program that is $43,000 (with housing and food expenses not even included in that price)? Thanks for your response.

Edit: I am looking into the one located in New Brunswick with linkage to RWJ, although I may consider Newark as well if it is easier to get As there. My main concern is the difficulty. If the professors are only giving As to a small number of people then I might just forget about it altogether.

classes only w grad students and w those stats just apply to med school now, dont waste ur time or money
ur gonna have to work hard for ur As

Which of the two programs, NB vs Newark, most likely allows you to matriculate into their medical program immediately after completing the program?