This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petitedoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Matching is definitely concern. Not really a strong match in the fields I’m interested in, but hard to compare with Hofstra only having 5 graduating classes. Also, the curriculum and location are big factors. I’d be happier at Einstein and being in a city opposed to Long Island. Also much closer to support system. I am also not a fan of Hofstras mandatory 8-12 classes, PBL with small groups of 7, smaller class size, and written exams.

What fields are you interested in? Hofstra's match list is pretty damn strong, even with the few classes that they have.

Matching is definitely concern. Not really a strong match in the fields I’m interested in, but hard to compare with Hofstra only having 5 graduating classes. Also, the curriculum and location are big factors. I’d be happier at Einstein and being in a city opposed to Long Island. Also much closer to support system. I am also not a fan of Hofstras mandatory 8-12 classes, PBL with small groups of 7, smaller class size, and written exams.
more ppl matching in competitive specialties might be bc Einstein's class is almost double the size of Hofstra's. I think Hofstra will not limit you if you want to stay in nyc for residency. The COA with no aid at Einstein is a hard pill to swallow like 250K on tuition and fees alone which will ballon during residency.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.