This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engineerbear

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don’t all schools limit honors to about 1/3 or even less? I might be wrong but 1/3 seems generous (though this is relative)

Don’t all schools limit honors to about 1/3 or even less? I might be wrong but 1/3 seems generous (though this is relative)
No, at my school, an unlimited number of students can honor each rotation (they aren’t curved)

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
No, at my school, an unlimited number of students can honor each rotation (they aren’t curved)
That’s interesting. I believe you, though I am still a bit skeptical regarding what schools say and claim.

The reason I thought 1/3 is typical is that most P/F preclinical schools seem to give 25-33% of their students the highest remark on their Dean’s Letter.

Is there some godly spreadsheet out there on whether rotations are curved? I’ve asked schools before but never got a straight forward answer (which tbh feeds the distrust)

Even if this were the norm, for the comparison here Vanderbilt has P/F clerkships.

I’ve also heard anecdotally that the grading on advanced rotations (M3-M4) at a Vandy is very lenient since at that point you’re taking electives in the field of your interest, but I don’t have any hard numbers.

Reactions: 1 user