This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

picapiedra

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
~

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
take the money and run to Kaiser! it's your best bet to match in Cali. why going around instead of going straight for your goal of establishing a career in Cali?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
If you are a foodie, Pasadena is great! It has lots of great restaurants, and the surrounding areas of Pasadena e.g. Alhambra, Arcadia, SGV have amazing authentic Asian food! Pasadena is easily accessible to any other part of LA, where you'll get the most diverse food scene ever! Seriously, LA food scene is hard to beat. Pasadena is a beautiful, safe, and clean area too. You may already be kinda familiar since you're from SoCal. Lol sorry my input is only food-related :p

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on your write-up, it seems Kaiser is the clear winner. Even without considering the unique opportunities that may come from being in the inaugural KP class, given your interests/goals it doesn't seem there is significantly greater value in the other two options to justify the difference in cost. Perhaps best to wait on financial packages from Michigan or WashU (heard they give great scholarships!), but based on your write up (support network, patient population, desire to remain in CA) it seems KP would be a better fit regardless.

I'm facing a related decision involving Kaiser with full CoA, it might be helpful to check out my earlier thread and read others' responses who are also in the same boat.

I was a little underwhelmed by Pasadena, but I really enjoyed its proximity to the mountains. That being said, I think it certainly beats Ann Arbor or St. Louis.

Reactions: 1 user
You are a foodie, want to end up practicing in Cali, want to be in a diverse environment, and you could take the cheapest school. Kaiser checks the majority of your boxed. It's free and in SoCal. If you had expressed interest in wanting more research or a career in academia, only then would I think about the other 2. Otherwise, take the money and go to Kaiser.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Michigan or WashU. You don't know what you're getting with Kaiser. I would be hesitant to turn down an acceptance to a top medical school for a new one regardless of the difference in $.

Reactions: 3 users
Michigan or WashU. You don't know what you're getting with Kaiser. I would be hesitant to turn down an acceptance to a top medical school for a new one regardless of the difference in $.

idk should you take advice from someone that sent 60 primaries?

/s

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users