This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insaiyan-premed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I'll get to the point. I calculated my GPA with the AMCAS/AACOMAS GPA calculator by ayjaystudent on this site.
Cumulative UG GPA 3.245
Cumulative UG "BCPM" sAMCAS GPA 3.230
Cumulative UG "BCP" sAACOMAS GPA 3.166
Asian-ORM
Graduated in 2018 (B.S. Biochem)
Took a gap year to reflect and build ECs
Currently, have over 800 clinical hours (including volunteering, shadowing, clinical research)

Question is, what MCAT score would be good enough to get me into low tier MD schools, DO schools or SMP-repair then med school?
Thanks for the feedback.
Wrong place to post this. This is a school specific forum. But to answer your question, you would need 512+ for MD if you have a significant upward trend the last 2 years. If not, I would recommend spending at least 2 years getting straight As. Take your time and study smart for the MCAT. If you get a 512+ on the MCAT, with a near 4.0 GPA postbacc and strong ecs, you will have a good shot at MD schools. If you are aiming for top MD, then you’d need at least 520+. For DO, a 505+ should be suffice.

Hello, I'll get to the point. I calculated my GPA with the AMCAS/AACOMAS GPA calculator by ayjaystudent on this site.
Cumulative UG GPA 3.245
Cumulative UG "BCPM" sAMCAS GPA 3.230
Cumulative UG "BCP" sAACOMAS GPA 3.166
Asian-ORM
Graduated in 2018 (B.S. Biochem)
Took a gap year to reflect and build ECs
Currently, have over 800 clinical hours (including volunteering, shadowing, clinical research)

Question is, what MCAT score would be good enough to get me into low tier MD schools, DO schools or SMP-repair then med school?
Thanks for the feedback.
You need a couple semesters of post bac and those semesters have to be 3.85+ the whole time of mostly upper level sci classes. I wouldnt do an SMP personally. Assuming you have multiple semesters of 3.85+, then ~505 to be DO competative, ~513+ to be MD competative to make up for your lower end GPA

Status
Not open for further replies.