This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolwoo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
given your gpa i think you have what it takes for a 510+ mcat. you will be fine for DO given your gpa if you get 505 + to the established DO programs, which you definetly want to get into rather than the newer ones. I don't know what your study materials are but Khan academy and kaplan for science, the 98 page document for psych/soc, and mcat qpacks and SB's are the best to help improve your score.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a good shot with good Osteopathic schools even if you score a 505 given that GPA. Anything above that and you're even better.

Members don't see this ad :)
given your gpa i think you have what it takes for a 510+ mcat. you will be fine for DO given your gpa if you get 505 + to the established DO programs, which you definetly want to get into rather than the newer ones. I don't know what your study materials are but Khan academy and kaplan for science, the 98 page document for psych/soc, and mcat qpacks and SB's are the best to help improve your score.
is there a link to the 98 page document?

Do not rush an MCAT score. Yes you probably would be competitive for DO with a 505, but this is not a test you'd want to take twice. It is definitely best to take the MCAT when you feel you are ready, and to apply early with your best application. It is wise to consider taking another year.

i took another aamc fl and got a 509 two days ago, should i move it? at this point i can only cancel

My last FL was similar and I ended scoring a few points higher a week later on the real thing. Anecdotal but just thought I'd throw that context out there. Only you can decide if you're ready. If it were me, I'd probably go for it. But delaying, taking the MCAT in August and applying to MD the day the app opens next year makes sense too.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Last edited: