?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmingforlove21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No LORis better than a bad LOR.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, be grateful that the pharmacist was honest with you, instead of just sending in a bad LOR for you. It doesn't bode well that nobody you asked is willing to give you an LOR.....I would be more worried about why everyone has a bad opinion of you. Most people are willing to do at least a generic LOR if asked.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i have a lot of other things in line, but i don't think i'm going to have enough LOR writers for my programs.
the one that i am waiting on fill out my required number, just got back to me saying you should probably ask other people who might give you a more favorable letter than me.

should i still continue applying for residency or give up now and pursue something else?
i'm honestly genuinely scared about this. i feel so stupid and dumb that this may be my limiting factor.
i have already reached out to literally every pharmacist i have ever worked with as well.
i am beyond stressed out and want to cry about this.
thanks for all your help everyone.

I understand that everyone has unique and individual situations. You really need to consider why, after 4 years of schooling, pharmacists are declining to help you with a letter of recommendation. Assuming you approached your rotation and work preceptors, I would imagine your school has advisers, academic faculty, lecturers, residents, or clinical faculty that could help you.

If this is truly your case, I really think you should work on expanding your network and developing friendly relationships with others. Having bad or average letter of recommendations will hurt you in the application process. Also ask that pharmacist what you could be doing to improve or what did they see/not see that caused them to not want to commit to a good LOR.

Agree with the previous posters - this is an ominous sign for two reasons 1) you don't have anyone who is willing to write you a favorable LOR and 2) you didn't realize that would be the case until now. A lack of introspection is a worrisome trait. Asking why people wouldn't write you a LOR will be the first step in fixing it.

LORs were one of my top screening tools for selecting candidates.

Reactions: 1 users